A little long, but worth the read - Edgun West and the L2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is worth your time to read if you plan to spend a lot on money on at Edgun West. Customer feedback in invaluable when you spend thousands on a PCP gun. The business you buy from is as important as the gun itself. I really hope Michael, or the moderators do not take this post down. Customers being able to voice concerns and issues with manufacturers and business that sell PCP products is so important for both good and bad experiences. It is equally important to tell stories of home runs as well as the strike outs. I am up at 2:00am PST so upset about my bad experience that I can’t sleep, especially when you have almost $4000 wrapped up in a paperweight sitting on a bench in a garage. 

I have been holding off on telling my experience with Edgun West for months. Stewing on it and chewing on it for a long time hoping for a good outcome, especially after my issue with SPAW and how that turn out for me here on the forum and with the AGN staff, which in my opinion treated me unfairly. To protect SPAW I was forced to confirm my account by sending pictures of myself, my DL and jumping through hoops to stay a member here with my friends, all because I spoke up. Ultimately my post was taking down because it was “threatening” (it was passionate, not threatening, but I lost that argument). AGN sent me an emailing tell me why I was being investigated and why my post was removed. They were nice about it, but it still sucked. That’s fine, their company, their rules and if they think I broke them, I am fine with that – I can accept defeat. I said my peace, but the response to my post and the PMs I got showed a must bigger issue with SPAW that is a big red flag. Nothing threatening with that factual statement, so I should be good, I hope.

Now Edgun West…

I purchased a Leshiy 2 350mm KAT 50 in .25 Caliber with 300CC bottle from Edgun West in December of last year. I decided to jump into the deep end of the pool and go big, spending a lot of money. Got the gun, seemed a little banged up when I took it out of the package, especially where the hinge is, the anodizing was chewed up and bare aluminum was showing. But the hinge worked fine, and I didn’t care enough to bother mentioning it and move on to enjoying the rifle. Finally, after two months of looking at it in my closet I was finally able to chrono and set the regulator in my garage. During the holidays my job keeps me away most days, so this was the soonest I could start enjoying the rifle. I couldn’t get through a single magazine without a miss fire. The pellets would smash against the barrel breech at least two times every eight rounds with all three magazines. I tried different reg pressures, different pellets weights and pellets, checked the indexing, everything looks good, feels good. Maybe shot 24 rounds total. Didn’t know at the time it would be the last round I got to fire through it. Time to call Edgun West. 

Brian was super great at first. He responded to me right away. Even called me back. We found out we had mutual friends, and both had the same career for the last 25 plus years. Off to a good start. BUT I NEVER took advantage of that. I was just another customer and wanted it to be that way. I care about the small business; favors cost money they don’t have. I get that and I NEVER ask for any special treatment. I drove down to his shop, which many local customers do. He was in a hurry but friendly. He told me to bring some pellets, which I brought, and he checked my gun. He said, the magazine indexing doesn’t feel right. It’s probably a manufacture issue with the hinge plate. He grabbed a new one from a bucket of them and replaced the whole thing. Loaded the gun, fired three rounds and it worked fine. I asked if he wanted to shoot at least a whole magazine to see if the issue would still be there and he said he could tell by hand rotating the magazine that the problem is fixed. I said, ok great. Brian is the expert, not me. So, after 10 minutes we were done. On my way out I was thinking to myself, I have been thinking of getting a new carbon handguard and a barrel, I will do it now to show my appreciation for him taking the time to get this done for me. I bought two carbon handguard’s, one 11” and one 21” with a 600mm AP LW barrel. He handed me the stuff and charged my card $1,100 dollars and I was on my way. A little extra business for a small company and I can say I didn’t have any expectation of being treated better than anyone else because of our common background, I paid my dues for the service he gave me. I was content for a few hours at least. Got home and realized I did not have a mounting plate for the 11” carbon handguard or the 16mm pin. Got the plate for the 21” but no 16mm pin also. Both handguards are supposed to come with these parts. I text Brian and he said, ok, I will get those out to you. Weeks went by, nothing from Brian. I contact him again, nothing. I ended up sending back the still new 11” carbon guard. He would not refund the money I had to keep pestering him. Finally, he did but not the entire amount. I chocked it up to a service fee and was done with it. Still didn’t have the 16mm locking pin for the 21” handguard but it was what it was, the effort became too much to bother with. I left Brian and Edgun West alone. 

A few months later I was finally off work enough to get to installing the 600mm barrel kit for shooting AVS slugs. Very excited. Got coffee and start putting things together with my son sleeping, a good easy morrning. Time to see what the hype is all about with this gold-plated marvel. Immediately things fell apart. The barrel and handguard did not fit together. The barrel was so far off optical center that I had to force it to the right to even screw on the mod 40. Once together the moderator was pushed against the handguard so hard it had significant force to the guard, I could barely move it away manually. Text Brain, no rely, waited an hour. Called Brian and he answered, thankfully. I was telling him about my issue, he said very quickly interrupting me, “very common issue, happens all the time, you have to shim the handguard plate with a soda can get the barrel in the center of the handguard, not a big deal”. Exact quote. My reaction was shock, shimming on a $4000 dollar gun set up? Really? Again, I defaulted to Brian as the expert. He says it’s common, then it must be. What do other than take his word for it? I can’t find anything on this issue on the AGN forum and asked a few friends with L2 and they said, they never had that issue with the 600mm barrel or the handguard. Ok, I will do the shimming and see where this goes. He said it was easy and the barrel is NOT bent or defective, he was resolute in that determination because that was my first thought. Conversation lasted 30 seconds. All he said was soda can shim. I had to figure out through trial and error what that meant on my own. 

Five plus hours later of shimming in different locations, different widths, I could never get it to even remotely be centered. One time, I got the moderator a hairs breath away from the handguard but that was a close as I could get. Tired again and the end result was worse, still holding firm on the side of the guard. Decided to take the guard off and just bore sight the barrel. I couldn’t! The barrel was so far off the optical center my scope did not have enough windage adjustment to compensate for the defective barrel. Edgun West is still saying there is nothing wrong with the barrel. Really, at this point it’s obvious what the issue is. 

Called Brian again, he answers, thankfully. A credit to him still trying to connect to customers. Was obviously disappointed it was me, could tell in his voice. Am I that guy now? I take such efforts to be reasonable in my contact even with my many issues. I guess I am becoming a pain, but I refuse to feel shame on this matter. Bummer for him, sad for me, but oh well, this is business and real money. He said I could come down and he would see what the issue was, great, but he would not give me a time to come. Now he has started ignoring texts and calls. Finally got a hold of him, Tuesday May 10 after a month. He Answer the phone and immediately said, let me call you back, I have a customer. I politely said OK. He never called me back, that day, the next day, the next week, never. I didn’t bother calling or texting again. Back to the garage and kept trying to “shim” but there was no way to get the barrel centered. I finally gave up on Friday May 13th and this time called Wyatt at the main office number. I realized, why am I calling the “CEO”, of course he’s too busy for my single customer issues? I don’t feel he owns me anything, I am doing this all wrong. I just need to call and deal with his staff. Wyatt is a very nice man, patient and listens as best as he can, but I could tell he had a long week of fielding issues, troubleshooting, and working on repair requests. He tried his best, but he had no answers for me other than keep shimming the plate. I was way past this point. I asked at what point do I return the items as defective; can I return the items now? He didn’t have an answer for me. I asked if I return defective items, does Edgun West charge a restock fee. He said no, I followed up and asked why I didn’t I get a full refund on my last return? He didn’t have an answer. I asked why I didn’t get all the parts to the two kits I bought when I was there, and I couldn’t get the parts sent to me after notifying Brian of the issue within hours of the purchase. He didn’t have an answer, other than the items might not have been in stock and they are having computer stock issues. Shouldn’t I have been told that when I bought the items? Brian knows exactly what comes with the kits, he did not “forget” or make a mistake, he is literally the expert in the USA in the main product he sells, the L2. But to not make it right by immediately getting me the parts or finally admitting there is a barrel quality control issue after months of struggle is just ridiculous. It’s far beyond just being too busy and taking time to get me taking care of and get me a replacement product so I can at least shoot the gun after almost 6 months of it not working. Now if feel personal and defiant. I was asked to spend this last weekend to keep trying to make the barrel and handguard work, but in the end it didn’t, and I gave it one hell of an effort. Edgun West will not admit that this is ridiculous and is starting to ghost me all the way to no contact; sure I can get Wyatt sometimes after Tuesday, but that's it. I will go to another company and spend my money there, if I must but I don’t want too, but Edgun West owes me many parts I paid for, they own me a working 600mm barrel, they owe me a working gun! I am not being unreasonable here. 

But the reality is I don’t think at this point Edgun will come through for me. We all know that feeling when a PCP company stops doing the basics for you as a customer. It’s a shame too because I felt there was a possible friendship there with our mutual history. That’s all I want in the end, friends to enjoy the hobby with. Brian is nice guy, very knowledgeable, but very busy and I get that, but isn’t that better then not being busy? Wyatt also very nice and patient customer service rep. I enjoy talking to him, but he can’t help me, Brain needs to handle this because it’s become too complicated and the boss needs to handle this. It was even suggested I sell the items on AGN (they really don’t want these products back). I did post them, but I am removing the barrel now, because I believe Edgun West is wrong, the barrel is not ok, and I can’t keep it posted. I am not passing a problem to another person. I feel shame for even going against my gut and posting it. I am here for fellowship among fellow hobbyist and honor is important to me. Honor should be important to Edgun West also. Brian, please make this right for me, get me enjoying the L2 finally, get me using my gun with my son for hunting. The ball is in your court now. Reach out and handle this. 

Again, my intent is not to bash Edgun West. Hell, I have my gun warranty through them. I will need to deal with this company for at least 2.5 more years, but this was simply my frustrating story and the lack of response, when there should have been one, this isn’t a complicated fix. I am not a difficult customer. My issues are real and even with all the struggles I still do not harass and call or text all the time, I call or text to “remind” them of my issues every 10 days or so, sometimes longer, and patiently wait with no response to fixing my issues. Maybe I shoud call every day, I don’t know. I want to give you money Brian. I want to support your company, but dude you must get things right for me and get me shooting. Please get this done. Please take my returns without drama, hard feelings and dirty looks. Keep the customer / seller partnership for the future and let’s finally move on and keep letting me spending money and you keep taking my money. Can’t happen if I am ghosted by phone or text, not given the parts I pay for, and given partial refunds for an unknown reasons. Let’s get this fixed and move on. This story of my experience is just for the AGN information only for fellow AGN'ers to see my story. I, in no way want people to not buy from Brian and Edgun West or not enjoy the experience of the Edgun line up through Brian and Wyatt, but there are limits to a customer’s patience.

Oh, by the way, I have never been able to confirm that the original indexing fix for the rifle worked, as I have never got it to shoot the gun. So that in a nutshell is how screwed I am on this $4000 dollar art piece hanging on my wall waiting for Edgun West to handle this issue after 5 months. My patience is at its limit. I feel peace that I have been 100% honest and fair in this post regardless of the outcome from it. 

Not every experience is the same. This is just mine. Milage my vary. Shoot straight, shoot safe. Godspeed brothers. Good morning in NY and good night in CA.

I want to thank CTShooter for selling me a replacement L2 to use for now while I work out this issue to get me out with my son during this small ground squirrel season. Very fair deal and a good man. Thank you Sean.

- Gregory

Dude, that really sucks.

It sounds like Edgun West knows what is going on, and does not want to absorb the cost to fix it. Ghosting you like that is complete rubbish. If it was me, I would be asking for a full refund for everything and walk away.

Kelly Schmidt at KrazKool airguns sells hubens...

Kelly is outstanding people. Know him pretty well. His claim to fame literally is customer service. Fantastic company!

You maybe right about Edgun West not wanting to absorb the cost of this issue, but talk to me about it. I am not unreasonable. Hell I would do store credit, I am so willing to meet in the middle for a healthy resolution. Just tired of waiting. 

Thanks big. I want to so badly to see good in our brothers. Brian is a good guy big heart don't know what happened, but not all are my Augie!

What!

I'm sorry, but the the behavior of the individual you've depicted in your post above is not that of a "good guy big heart". Here in Alabama we have another name for it.

I'm really distressed about your situation, and I believe the story as you've related it. I have experience with the principal involved.

What distresses me most is that the members of this forum claim camaraderie and brotherhood, yet they will all stand aside, mute and allow you to suffer the results of this unethical behavior; all to maintain their membership here. SMH.

Please request a total refund of your money.

Thanks for having the courage to speak up.

Al

+1 (I wish I could award you 100)

Reactions: SHOMER
@coyotegod. Kudos for speaking out and telling your story. From your detailed description, nowhere do I see “nice guy and big heart”. You have described a poor businessman, and more of us should speak up when treated this way. 
The “cabal” of EDGun owners on AGN generally become very offended when EDGun is criticized in any way…. Search the forum and you’ll find other posts similar in nature regarding this brand and this business. 
I had a .25 R5M that didn’t index correctly. Instead of addressing the design flaw, I was told “you don’t cock the gun correctly, you need to do it like Ed in his videos”. LOL. 
I got many responses from others that have or had the same issue, it seems until I posted they were hesitant to speak negatively about EDGun. 
Good on you for posting about your experience with the L2. I actually have two single shot EDguns that work well, but after my experience with the R5M I’d never buy another one…. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Let us know how this gets resolved. 

I do my best to read and research products beforehand. Its a little unfortunate that some posts disappear. With many products especially these 'lego guns' we seem to love so much now, I have always had in my mind that a good amount is self induced because, many of us are just not familiar enough with gun smiting, and the product in hand. However that does not make it okay that a dealer of a product does not give you the support you need to remedy your issues. It is my sincere hope that you get your issues resolved and then some. 

Allen

Coyotegod, Wow is the word to describe your ordeal. You are $4000 stuck at this point. I would get in contact with AZ and have him fix the gun. You need someone that know what the hell they are doing. There is a reason AZ, Derrick, motorhead, Ernest Rowe, David Slade and a few others have a waiting list. Hope you get it resolved.

I recall the L2 videos when they first came out, how they showed each and every piece come in out of no where and find itself attached to the gun. It was actually pretty cool.

but no where in the video did I see aluminum shims with marks resembling coka cola flying in and finding a spot on the gun.

greg, are you sure you didn’t oversee those coke can shims when you first unpackaged the gun? 

I was dazzled by the latest-and-greatest from EdGun when the L2 came out, but decided to sit on the sidelines and watch for a bit. Reviews were a bit too mixed and I was concerned that the size of the EG West operation may not be adequate to deal with a rather complex gun. It was not that they wouldn't try, but there are only 24 hours in a day...

It is a real shame what you have described. Sounds like good faith efforts occurred at first (even if incomplete), but they have now gotten tired of dealing with some deeper issues which have become more extensive through the product line than they originally thought.

I too have a single shot EdGun which I appreciate very much for its design, manufacture, function and simplicity. Perhaps the complexity of the L2 was just a step too far for the company. And if things were bad for coyotegod before the invasion and subsequent embargo, one can't help but wonder whether they will be worse for all in the future.

I do hope that your issues will be fairly resolved, and that this thread will not disappear so that other air gunners can benefit from its perspective.

That sounds like a very painful interaction, I'd feel the exact same way if I were you. Brian needs to step up and make this right. 

So the barrel doesn't line up straight out of the action without the hand guard? Like the barrel isn't straight?

Yes Sir, that is exactly correct. it's off by inches not MMs to the right. even with shroud off, I can't bore sight the barrel, I run out of windage adjustment before I can even come close.

I recall the L2 videos when they first came out, how they showed each and every piece come in out of no where and find itself attached to the gun. It was actually pretty cool.

but no where in the video did I see aluminum shims with marks resembling coka cola flying in and finding a spot on the gun.

greg, are you sure you didn’t oversee those coke can shims when you first unpackaged the gun?

This is funny, because I went back to his videos showcasing his Shelest and Trishnia set ups and no soda cans. lol

I truly do think Brian as a good guy and Edgun West does good business for most people. I am most likely am an outlier here, possibly. I do not want to bash on Edgun West, I just want some pressure to have a resolution. Soda can shimming that never worked and a barrel that can't be used because it will not optical center under a scope is not what a L2 should do. If a 600mm barrel is difficult to install and takes all this work to "make right" tell the customer that before they buy it and give them all the parts that they ordered before they leave your store. I would never have had bought it, with missing pieces and a nightmare install with a black monster energy drink shim which was riduculus, it was too much when looking at $4000 worth of gun and parts. I will call Edgun West and work for a return and I will go in person for this, can't ignore me face to face. Unfortunately I will have to face the angry staff because of this post and because they are sick of me and it won't be a healthy environment is my guess, I hope I am wrong. Definitely will not ship it to them at my cost and wait on them bother with processing a return and possibly not get a refund. With how the interactions have been I honestly do not know if I will even get any service when I get there, I guess we shall see... the anxiety is a bummer. 

Brian, if you reads this. Call me. Send me a shipping label or give me a day to come down and process this return in person. You know what's missing from my order part wise, you know the issues and the wear cased to the mounting plate because of the hours of shimming work, let's handle this today nice and peaceful and move on and keep doing business together! 

I felt I needed to reach out to AGN's members so I didn't feel so alone in this issue. I am glad I did regardless of the outcome. I will keep trying to get ahold of Wyatt today if possible, unless I hear from you guys first. 

Status
Not open for further replies.