• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A little help needed removing a very difficult to remove O Ring

Update. Thank you all. You were great help. I made my own tool as VETMX said and I ordered a set of dental picks as Patrick suggested. Both worked well, but I found the real secret to doing this easily was to puncture, pry out and push down, not pull up. Continue pushing down and then twisting the 90 degree end hooking the then stretched O ring. Then, simply pulling it out. Just to prove that was the best technique, I did it 3 times.
We anxiously await the 58 minute YouTube video. 😁

Hi everyone! A report on how I tackled the very stiff O-ring inside the receiver bore. I blew with high air pressure inside the bore first, but since the O-ring was very stiff, it did not budge. I dropped some acetone on one side of the O-ring a number of times and break cleaner on another section. Neither made a great difference. Eventually, as Stubbers had suggested, I used a needle to melt away part of the O-ring. The needle was not doing a lot of melting as as soon as it touched the O-ring, it started cooling quickly. Then I took a very simple soldering iron with a needle nose tip, made the tip more slender and then heated and bent the tip and then using the sustained heat I managed to melt the O-ring on one section and melted a second section a quarter of the way on the O-ring and eventually that section came off and then using a plastic pick I had made with the body of a pen with a bent tip, I scraped the O-ring off completely.