• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A little extra hush

As my heading says,

I'd like to put a moderator on my factory taipan standard .22 CAL for a little more pfft. 

I've looked at Donny fl Tatsu

And Huggett Mini Magna,

the dfl is a bit shorter at 4.25" vs Huggett at 5".

Any opinions or other suggestions...?

Just looking to be as quiet as possible at my speed setting since I've got good power and excellent accuracy as it is.

I have both the Tatsu and sumo in .25/.30 cal.

20210713_191029.1626217958.jpg

I use the Tatsu on my .22 Crown mk2 and the Sumo on my .25 Taipan Veteran Long. While the Tatsu will take the noise level down some, the Sumo is quieter. It depends on sound level vs length tolerance you have. Here is a little comparison photo of the on the Taipan. 

20210630_010301.1626218351.jpg
20210713_191717.1626218361.jpg

If length and weight of suppressor is not an issue recommend the Sumo over the Tatsu, as even on the .22 crown it is the quieter option. 

I can't comment about the Huggett, but it is about internal volume. So if you look at the Donnyfl Fx suppressor with dimensions 1.36 x 5" and Tatsu with 1.6 x 4.25, the Tatsu has more internal space to dissipate air going through.

Do you want one moderator for all three or one for each? .177 any you named would work.. Next going to .22 I like the DonnyFL FX= 1.36”x5” it works on all my sub 40fpe rifles. Don’t have any moderators in the 1.22” diameter so can’t comment on those. When I go above 40fpe on my .22 or .25-.30cal the Sumo or the 0db 160S works great for my ears. YMMV

if I was looking for just one I’d get the Sumo in .25 it will work great on all your calibers. Good luck.

Red 

Are you concerned with size and weight also, or just the noise level? I had a Sumo and a .22 Taipan Mutant and a Ronin on a .25 Veteran. Both were quiet, but they were heavy and it looked like a had soup cans on the ends of the barrels. I switched to a Huggett Belitta on both. The Belitta is shorter and lighter and almost the same diameter as the Taipan shroud. The guns look a lot more "normal" now. Both are also quieter. I'd like to try a Huggett Atom, it's a couple inches shorter at 3", than the Belitta. YMMV. BTW, this is in no way a knock on the DonnyFl units. I just want the streamlined look