• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A little bottle "pic"

I bought a set of 5/8BSP taps and die just because.

I made these plugs today to keep dust and grime out and to hold on to the filling O-ring (that sod has escaped several times and gone AVOL forever).

Some POM and some lathe time later.

1590770105_786988635ed139b98dd396.25471334.jpg

1590770125_18311803255ed139cd1afcc5.30322071.jpg

1590770138_11059561645ed139da5142f5.02223093.jpg

Hi Chickenthief

I was admiring your work and liked the concept.

I was searching for a source of something similar in Australia.

I came across these https://www.divegearexpress.com/dgx-threaded-dust-plug-for-din-valve-plastic

An American site and shipping costs were ridiculous so out of the question.

Thing is this warning from the site :

"The screw-in type DIN valve dust plugs are very popular, but there is a safety concern. The early designs from when DIN valves were first introduced in to the U.S. were solid and a real safety hazard, but today the dust plug designs have a pressure relief vent hole to avoid trapping gas pressure. However, if you suddenly open the valve wide enough while the dust plug is in place, then it's possible the tank pressure will still be enough to overwhelm the relief vent and forcefully eject the dust plug from the valve. The force of the tank pressure may even be enough to cause the plug to become one or more pieces of shrapnel that could injure the diver or other bystanders. If you use DIN valve dust plugs, even the vented design, always make sure the valve is closed tightly and never open a valve while the dust plug is in place. If you still have one of the early un-vented dust plug designs they should be discarded."

Do you have a pressure release in your design?

Regards

Deafdog