A "Key" challenge - Because my buddy is a smart-a$s

My buddy is a smart-a$s, so I thought I'd turn his wit into a "challenge".

The backstory:
We deal with electronic components, and he was sending me some connectors that are "keyed" so that they can't be inserted the wrong way. I told him in my note, "you should send me a couple keys too". He did, and sent me this:
20221111_152229.jpg

Yes, a random key. I asked him to make sure it wasn't important, and he just laughed...so I prepped it up:
20221112_080310.jpg

Drilled a hole in it, and put it out at 25 yards:
20221112_081233.jpg

Here is a video of the "challenge"

So, if someone else would like to participate, this was a 22cal shooting at about 40FPE. It took me three shots to "vaporize" the key. I didn't miss any, and the wind was about 7MPH from about my 4 O'Clock. It was just under 30F at the time.

Anyway, this was a fun way to mess with my friend. I hope that you enjoy the footage.

Cheers!

Jonathan

Just for grins, I tortured the piece of the key that I have left on this post.

This isn't part of the challenge if anyone wants to participate, but this is part of my giving my buddy grief. Anyway, I wanted to "link" these two posts together if anyone wanted to see the result of what a bunch of pellets can eventually do to a key...and I am not sure that I am done yet :unsure:.

Cheers!

Another good one. Cheaper than keys and deserve to get shot. NECCO wafer candies. They totally suck, are the size of a quarter, and turn to dust when you hit them. I use them for 200 yard targets with the AR, but they were made to be airgun targets. LOL

View attachment 321700
A buddy of mine and I shoot at rolaids and tums, good reactive small targets, I will have to try the necco candy!

Cheaper than keys and deserve to get shot. NECCO wafer candies
Thanks for the tip @rattletrap ! I will definitely be keeping an eye out for these. Any particular type or brand of store where you find them?

Here is a link to the final stand of the key. On the first one, I used multiple airguns with some measure of success, and in the second one I am just using the Avenger at about 40FPE just shooting Baracuda Match until the key was beat into submission. Here is the final picture of it:
StacysKeyFinal_Cropped.jpg

The "Torture Test" was a little more challenging, but I don't know if everyone would have access to the basic tools I used to create the frame and aperture. Either way, shooting at something the size of a key at distance is quite rewarding.

Happy shooting...something small...far away.

Another good one. Cheaper than keys and deserve to get shot. NECCO wafer candies. They totally suck, are the size of a quarter, and turn to dust when you hit them. I use them for 200 yard targets with the AR, but they were made to be airgun targets. LOL

View attachment 321700
Hold on there, let's not take it out on Necco's, I love those things.

Smitty

Reactions: beerthief
My buddy is a smart-a$s, so I thought I'd turn his wit into a "challenge".

The backstory:
We deal with electronic components, and he was sending me some connectors that are "keyed" so that they can't be inserted the wrong way. I told him in my note, "you should send me a couple keys too". He did, and sent me this:
View attachment 304981
Yes, a random key. I asked him to make sure it wasn't important, and he just laughed...so I prepped it up:
View attachment 304982

Drilled a hole in it, and put it out at 25 yards:
View attachment 304983

Here is a video of the "challenge"

So, if someone else would like to participate, this was a 22cal shooting at about 40FPE. It took me three shots to "vaporize" the key. I didn't miss any, and the wind was about 7MPH from about my 4 O'Clock. It was just under 30F at the time.

Anyway, this was a fun way to mess with my friend. I hope that you enjoy the footage.

Cheers!

Jonathan
I'm looking through my keys right now.

Reactions: SkeeterHawk