• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A hybrid .20 cal. coming soon!

Recently I had to sell some guns because of no income. But I still end up with a new rifle...actually it’s my .30 Crown and it is too loud for where I live. So I talked with AZ about converting it into a extremely quiet and accurate small caliber. My Theoben has a LW barrel in .20 cal and it’s incredibly accurate. So we decided to go with a 24 inch LW barrel in .20 caliber. If I remember right he’s going to have it shooting the new heavy .20 cal pellet around 960 FPS. The really interesting thing is going to be the shroud, I asked him to make it as quiet as possible. He said that the gun is going to be long, about 4 inches past the barrel. But that’s fine for the bench. The shroud is going to have tiny bleed holes on the underside to help disperse the air after the shot. And he is going to convert the two stage trigger (which I like already) into a one stage that breaks around 6 oz. I wasn’t sure about that at first, but since it’s not a hunting rifle I feel safe about it on the bench. I can’t wait to get it, and I’ll immediately post pictures and groups as soon as possible. 

Not sure about pushing those heavies at 960. I have Dairyboy's MRod .20 Gen1 LW barrel (in my customized stock) and when he had it he was having accuracy issues above 925. I've got it tuned to 875 now and it's very accurate.

1589202633_6077071155eb94ec9df16e4.82550505.jpg

I’m really lucky to be able to have AZ test it for me. He puts barrels on a Thomas he has to test them and he got mine up even faster but it was unstable. So I’m betting it’s going to be more like what BigTinBoat says, around 925. That’s still way faster than my Theoben which is about 860 with the light pellet. My Theoben is accurate with the heavy .20 pellet, but there’s more flyers. Why would that be? Really accurate but regular flyers, enough that I stopped even shooting them. Thanks for the comments guys.