• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch A HW77 and a half

🥵 nice score.
Thanks. Crow
A fantastic find Crow, great looking stock, all the pedigrees in place, and such a proven model of an air rifle!

You are now the caretaker of a significant piece of airgun history.
Thanks. Still shaking. Crow
Japanese Tasco World Class are very good glass. Well made scopes.
I ment to ask but forgot. Honestly I thought they were cheap scopes, wondering why they would put junk on this rifle. Thanks for sharing. Crow
Fantastic! You'd better buy your wife something nice.
Thanks. She’s looked after. Crow
Crow
You are Lucky Dog of the week!!!! Outstanding acquisition. I'm with you....shoot that thang!!

JC
Thanks. I’m putting a few hundred through it today.
That’s a treasure. Probably already forgot what the other three were. Congratulations!
Thanks. What three? Crow
Sweet rifle! Quite the find, too bad it is right handed. Nothing a belt sander and some sharp tools could not fix.
Thanks. That would be special. Crow
Nice haul crow… 🍻
Thanks
That's where I found mine.
If you just got yours a few months ago. It’s was yours I tried to score a year ago. Not Lewis’s, sorry. It looked mint. I think a 97. Crow

Thanks. Crow

Thanks. Still shaking. Crow

I ment to ask but forgot. Honestly I thought they were cheap scopes, wondering why they would put junk on this rifle. Thanks for sharing. Crow

Thanks. She’s looked after. Crow

Thanks. I’m putting a few hundred through it today.

Thanks. What three? Crow

Thanks. That would be special. Crow

Thanks

If you just got yours a few months ago. It’s was yours I tried to score a year ago. Not Lewis’s, sorry. It looked mint. I think a 97. Crow
Mine is a Venom HW77 Verminter. Got it a few months ago from Ken Parsely.

Reactions: crowski
beerthief,for you and other leftys
055.JPG

Mine is a Venom HW77 Verminter. Got it a few months ago from Ken Parsely.
It was yours I tried to get. When I asked, it wasn’t in his vocabulary to sell.
Are you shooting it?
DROOL ! but then it is just a righty not a suburb lefty . wonderful find congrat's
Stan
Thanks Stan. I would have bought it even if it were a lefty. Sell the stock, just be fire wood otherwise. Crow
You Had to jump on it! That is a very rare classic,beauitful ,and work done by a legend,Glad for you(y)
Jump on it. I have the guy on the phone and my wife’s having no part of it. I just unboxed 3 from the day before and another HW90 2 1/2 weeks ago. She was pissed. I just told her I had no plans on any new guns. I told the guy I would take it, call you back in 5 min. Told the wife I would sell my 77 .22 new model. She said OK, she saved the marrage. This morning she said I didn’t have to sell my 77. So I shot them both all day today.
IMG_8288.jpeg
Put them both through the crony. The Venom 650 fps. JSB 14.35. New 77 670 fps.
Man is it smooth. Even the cocking arm returning drips with precision. Took the strap off, just gets in the way. Love the thumb print. Put 1/2 a tin through. Awesome guns. Crow

Are you shooting it?

Thanks Stan. I would have bought it even if it were a lefty. Sell the stock, just be fire wood otherwise. Crow

Jump on it. I have the guy on the phone and my wife’s having no part of it. I just unboxed 3 from the day before and another HW90 2 1/2 weeks ago. She was pissed. I just told her I had no plans on any new guns. I told the guy I would take it, call you back in 5 min. Told the wife I would sell my 77 .22 new model. She said OK, she saved the marrage. This morning she said I didn’t have to sell my 77. So I shot them both all day today. View attachment 450323Put them both through the crony. The Venom 650 fps. JSB 14.35. New 77 670 fps.
Man is it smooth. Even the cocking arm returning drips with precision. Took the strap off, just gets in the way. Love the thumb print. Put 1/2 a tin through. Awesome guns. Crow
You have a winner, not talking about the guns.
That stock is killer though.

Are you shooting it?

Jump on it. I have the guy on the phone and my wife’s having no part of it. I just unboxed 3 from the day before and another HW90 2 1/2 weeks ago. She was pissed. I just told her I had no plans on any new guns. I told the guy I would take it, call you back in 5 min. Told the wife I would sell my 77 .22 new model. She said OK, she saved the marrage. This morning she said I didn’t have to sell my 77. So I shot them both all day today. View attachment 450323Put them both through the crony. The Venom 650 fps. JSB 14.35. New 77 670 fps.
I took it apart and installed a new Vortec Vac seal and also put in a Macarri spring to quiet down the shot cycle. Now shooting around 14 foot pounds. Haven't shot it much since I refinished the stock (Napiers London Oil) and refreshed the seals. I've been recovering from surgery but in two weeks I'm planning on running about 500 pellets through it to break it in. This is a Venom long stroked 77 with enlarged & shortened transfer port. When I got the gun it was shooting JSB 18.1's at 17+ foot pounds. The airgun also came with a period correct Beeman 66R scope.

I took it apart and installed a new Vortec Vac seal and also put in a Macarri spring to quiet down the shot cycle. Now shooting around 14 foot pounds. Haven't shot it much since I refinished the stock (Napiers London Oil) and refreshed the seals. I've been recovering from surgery but in two weeks I'm planning on running about 500 pellets through it to break it in. This is a Venom long stroked 77 with enlarged & shortened transfer port. When I got the gun it was shooting JSB 18.1's at 17+ foot pounds. The airgun also came with a period correct Beeman 66R scope.
Thanks. Hope your healing is swift and easy.
I was going to ask if it’s safe to open it up and have a look to possibly see what they did, without destroying what I have. Made my day.
This gun’s operation is so smooth. Now my goal is to make my other guns as smooth, if possible. Crow

Reactions: wijib
Thanks. Hope your healing is swift and easy.
I was going to ask if it’s safe to open it up and have a look to possibly see what they did, without destroying what I have. Made my day.
This gun’s operation is so smooth. Now my goal is to make my other guns as smooth, if possible. Crow
I needed to open mine up to see what was what. Incredibly smooth to cock and shoot. Looking forward too getting out again and putting it though it's paces.

Reactions: crowski