• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A A Few Pistols

@6 myself. All have carbine stocks as well. I'm a big fan, but I'm pretty much at my limit. anywhere from 6-65fpe here (65 with 15" barrel on .25 pp800) .177, .22, and .25
20230719_030635_edited.jpg

1597284231_12074856635f349f8758e075.57332825 (1).jpg

274052293_10159692567564034_3234930441305853851_n.jpg
PSX_20200517_195503.jpg

332681419_778303993139164_3397354390380902971_n.jpg
20220416_150821_edited.jpg

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
I have never shot or even held an air pistol. How does their accuracy compare to say a .22 Long Rifle pistol like a Ruger MK II? What is their effective range?
Accuracy depends on the pistol, of course. I have some air pistols that I can shoot far better than my MK2, or any of my other rimfire pistol for that matter... and others that I struggle with.
Effective range is also subjective. Effective in what regards? I think with most 'decent' pistols, the shooter limitation peters out far before the capabilities of the pistol itself.

Accuracy depends on the pistol, of course. I have some air pistols that I can shoot far better than my MK2, or any of my other rimfire pistol for that matter... and others that I struggle with.
Effective range is also subjective. Effective in what regards? I think with most 'decent' pistols, the shooter limitation peters out far before the capabilities of the pistol itself.
As far as effective range, I was thinking at what distance can it be shot with the expectation of reasonable accuracy. What I didn't expect was the answer that it was more dependent on the shooter than the pistol that is being shot. Given how accurate some PCP rifles are, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

How much would you have to spend for a 'decent' pistol?

As far as effective range, I was thinking at what distance can it be shot with the expectation of reasonable accuracy. What I didn't expect was the answer that it was more dependent on the shooter than the pistol that is being shot. Given how accurate some PCP rifles are, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

How much would you have to spend for a 'decent' pistol?
I own a couple variants of the PP700 and find them to be great at a lower price point. I let Nate borrow one of them for a video 4 years ago when he was first getting started. This video should give you a good idea of the accuracy and shot count.

I own a couple variants of the PP700 and find them to be great at a lower price point. I let Nate borrow one of them for a video 4 years ago when he was first getting started. This video should give you a good idea of the accuracy and shot count.
Nice video. Looks like a good pistol at a reasonable price. I did a Google search for multiple names and the only one I came up with that is available for sale is a Artemis PP700S-A from Krale (Does not appear to be a US company.) at $219 plus $28 shipping. This pistol looks almost the same. Is It? Are there better options?

By the way, it was nice for you to let him use it for the review!

Same one, yes sir...
Nice video. Looks like a good pistol at a reasonable price. I did a Google search for multiple names and the only one I came up with that is available for sale is a Artemis PP700S-A from Krale (Does not appear to be a US company.) at $219 plus $28 shipping. This pistol looks almost the same. Is It? Are there better options?

By the way, it was nice for you to let him use it for the review!
Same one, yes sir... and Krale is a reputable place. I've ordered from there before as have many others here. As far as better options... for the price? I dont think so, but that's only one fellers opinion.
Similar options would be to get a PCP lower for a 2240 and tweak it, but you're in for a bit more than $220 going that route and you have to tinker with it.

Thanks... just was trying to help him out in the beginning.