• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A few less holes in the yard.

Found this little guy digging around behind the garage the other day. We don't usually see them during the day too much, but it I got lucky this day.
1527188985_8603187815b070df98c9703.12738491_20180508_170245.jpg

Then a couple of days later another...
1527189038_19672864125b070e2e2ac019.75703003_20180511_171123.jpg

They were young ones, and I think that is why they were out during the day. Both were taken with my 9mm Evanix Rex the JSB. I was hoping that mom and dad would show themselves, but I guess they stick to the night time. Unfortunately, I can't stay up much past 9:00 so I don't get to see to much at night.

"Crutcherro1"Is that a Opossum on the half shell ;)
I guess it is. I once had a conversation with a buddy about how every dead Opossum you see (the ones not pancaked on the road anyway) is belly up. So the first one I shot I watched do a slow roll to it's back, and I remember saying, "Wow, you guys really die belly up."
And yes, I watched for it on the second one too. Belly up.

"BekNazar"Be on the lookout for 2 more. They always have 4 clones in a litter.
I got all 4 last year when they left the den at the same time. I got the mother a few nights later.
I'm at constant war with Armadillos here in Dade City, FL.
I kill one and then a few nights later another shows up. Makes you wonder how many are out there these days...
Todd
Two more plus the mother! I wonder if they are territorial. If so, how long it take for another to move in, or how long it takes for scent marker to fade enough for a new animal to feel there is no longer competition in the area.
Actually, this is with any animal. Squirrel, Rabbit, Skunk (which we have a few in our yard nightly). I know you can take out a squirrel or two, but it doesn't take long to have a couple more that take their place.