A few groups of Altaros 60gr Queens

Got 7 boxes of the Queens in thanks to [email protected]
They are the 6.35. My micrometer showed great consistency from the half dozen I measured.

I need to test a few boxes of the next shipment of these slugs when they come into the states to see how they measure up.
Ondrej told me for LW barrels the 6.35 is correct. The only ones he said needed the 6.36 were the FX Superior Heavy. Just the Queens, not the ATP Smooth. They are perfect in either barrel.

Reactions: steve123
Finally shot the queens through my Dynamic 700mm. Pretty nutty good! At 200 meters or 220 yards I was able to hit self reset targets about 2-3 inch wide in the wind with ease, barely 0.2-0.4 mil wind hold as supposed to NSA’s 0.5-1 mil hold. @300 yards I’m barely missing same size self reset targets by inches, the POI window at 300 yards dramatically shrunk. Took some tries thanks to the constantly shifting wind but hitting those 2-3 inch targets at 300 yards wasn’t too big of challenge.

I zeroed at 50 yards, the dynamic 700 shot the queens @900fps quite easily with some room for more power. With just getting the speed to about 910fps I got a half inch group at my zero so I skipped 100 yards and went straight to 300 then 200 yards.

Got my friends turned onto these slugs, they are all bench shooters and one of them is a lefty so they all in love with the Panthera/dynamic + Altaros combo! so will be helping them sell a few impacts soon. 🤣

Last edited:
Finally shot the queens...

giphy (25).gif

🤣

Allen

• Haha
Reactions: steve123 and qball
Ondrej told me for LW barrels the 6.35 is correct. The only ones he said needed the 6.36 were the FX Superior Heavy. Just the Queens, not the ATP Smooth. They are perfect in either barrel.

To dispell any confusion does anyone know if the label on the box of Queens of different diameters states the exact caliber of 25/6.36 or 25/6.35?

To dispell any confusion does anyone know if the label on the box of Queens of different diameters states the exact caliber of 25/6.36 or 25/6.35?
If it doesn't say its 6.35. It'll specify specifically if its 6.36mm. the front label is the same but the white sticker on the back will say what the diameter is... FYI, the 6.35 ATP Smooth 49.5 grain works in all barrels.

As I've said before these Altaros slugs are designed for approx. 850 to 900 fps. Don't be a hero and jack them up much over that or you won't like them... I know it makes some feel better that have a speed fetish, but these aren't the slugs to do it with. If you'd prefer to shoot a slug with half the BC at 1000+ fps, then more power to you... ;)

Queen 6.35mm for all except FX

Queen 6.36mm for FX Sup Heavy

Last edited:
Reactions: Macros
Finally shot the queens through my Dynamic 700mm. Pretty nutty good! At 200 meters or 220 yards I was able to hit self reset targets about 2-3 inch wide in the wind with ease, barely 0.2-0.4 mil wind hold as supposed to NSA’s 0.5-1 mil hold. @300 yards I’m barely missing same size self reset targets by inches, the POI window at 300 yards dramatically shrunk. Took some tries thanks to the constantly shifting wind but hitting those 2-3 inch targets at 300 yards wasn’t too big of challenge.

I zeroed at 50 yards, the dynamic 700 shot the queens @900fps quite easily with some room for more power. With just getting the speed to about 910fps I got a half inch group at my zero so I skipped 100 yards and went straight to 300 then 200 yards.

Got my friends turned onto these slugs, they are all bench shooters and one of them is a lefty so they all in love with the Panthera/dynamic + Altaros combo! so will be helping them sell a few impacts soon. 🤣

It's an eye opener for sure.

I was checking my dope this morning on my steel in the usual switchy windy conditions I have at my plece which were 6-11 mph. This was from my 25Y zero and "BTW no POI shift" had occurred from when I shot 3 days ago. Then shot at 65, 80Y, 92 and 105Y. I didn't miss in the 20 slugs I shot. I did need to hold off .3-.4 mil at times but I'm guessing I would have missed at least a few times if using my 22rf or 22 cal 42gr swaged slugs.

The only problem there was was me being blown back and forth due to shooting off bucket and sticks so I had to take heed to timing my trigger pulls so not all hits were centered.
I didn't take pics of the steel today but this is one from the last time at 101Y. The KZ is 3" tall and 3.6" wide.

20230806_185059.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: qball
I thought I'd share a recent experience.

Two friends and I did some plinking on small steel shapes in the 1.5" to 4" size from 100y to 125y. We also shot at 12 gauge hulls.
Both of them used heavy pellets. One 17 cal with 16gr and a 25 cal with 34gr.
I used the 49.5gr Altaros slugs.

It was Very windy and swirling.

CRAZY how easy it was for me to hit everything with the V3 and these slugs!!! Even the shotgun hulls were no challenge.
In contrast it was difficult for my friends to hit the steel but especially the smallest ones and these guys are excellent marksman.

I hadn't shot side by side against pellets yet but the difference was massive.
Ha, I put the V3 away after 3 mags worth because I had to keep going down and setting up the steel.

Then I got out my Steyr PRO X semi auto in 22 cal at 30 fpe using 18gr pellets.
Yep it was a trip back to the pellet world. At least because I could make immediate follow up shots and once I saw where my miss went I was then able to connect on the steel halfway decently.

I estimate the hit ratio went like this - for 1 hit of the Altaros it'd take as much as 7 to 8 pellets to hit that same steel.
It was mostly due to the wind present during our plinking session. Though my V3 will almost do 1 moa consistently so that and shooting off a bipod down prone helps too.