A day with the TX200....

Dont be in a big hurry to get rid of the factory parts, mine has all the original parts, just cleaned, polished, proper lube etc and I couldnt expect a better shooting rifle !! Polished the spring ends, guide fit was decent, played with a couple shims to get best shot cycle. My .177 shoots 900 fps max deviation over chrono last time was 6 fps. I use the 8.4 gn AA pellets and you can see my groups in prior post. Tuned over a hundred TX rifles, only replace the factory parts when needed unless customer requested aftermarket parts. I find a lot of factory seals are sheared from original install so they get replaced. If a guide is sloppy I replace that, but for the most part the factory stuff has been pretty good.

That is some great shooting ! Do you think your going to tear into it or just shoot it?

Wayne, I tore into this one before ever shooting it. I took it down and did a thorough cleaning, properly lubed everything that needed it, and put a Vortek PG4 HO kit in it. Very happy with it.

Did you get some baseline chrony numbers to compare ? That is one beautiful rifle ! Have you tried a lighter pellet like the 13.4 gr AA Falcon ?

No, I did not get a base line before changing out the spring kit. I really wasn't concerned with how it shot with the factory spring and guide. I knew that it was coming out any way. I have a rather large amount of H&N FTT 14.66 grain that my HW97k loves. I do plan on testing those as well to see how they perform. Just didn't get around to it this past Sunday.

Look forward to more reports with different pellets 

This afternoon I tested some H&N FTT 14.66 grain pellets in the TX. It was very disappointing.......TX did not like them. I didn't take any pics of the groups.......wouldn't have been worth seeing anyway. I tried both 5.53 and 5.54 head size and neither did very well at all. They impacted all over the place unfortunately. I did record chronograph results. Again I shot 10 shots per string.....

#1 High 735 #2 High 733 #3 High 730

Low 718 Low 721 Low 713

AV 727 AV 728 AV 724

ES 17 ES 12 ES 17

SD 4 SD 4 SD 5

The TX shoots at about 17 Ft Lbs with the 14.66 grain. But with out good accuracy.......who cares?

I picked up the tin of Air Arms 16 grain and the TX again shot them lights out. Often times stacking pellets on top of each other....hole in hole at 30 yards. I'll test some more pellets soon and see what else I can find that shoots well in it.

This afternoon I tested some H&N FTT 14.66 grain pellets in the TX. It was very disappointing.......TX did not like them. I didn't take any pics of the groups.......wouldn't have been worth seeing anyway. I tried both 5.53 and 5.54 head size and neither did very well at all. They impacted all over the place unfortunately. I did record chronograph results. Again I shot 10 shots per string.....

#1 High 735 #2 High 733 #3 High 730

Low 718 Low 721 Low 713

AV 727 AV 728 AV 724

ES 17 ES 12 ES 17

SD 4 SD 4 SD 5

The TX shoots at about 17 Ft Lbs with the 14.66 grain. But with out good accuracy.......who cares?

I picked up the tin of Air Arms 16 grain and the TX again shot them lights out. Often times stacking pellets on top of each other....hole in hole at 30 yards. I'll test some more pellets soon and see what else I can find that shoots well in it.

The AA pellets in my experience produce tighter ES and lower SD than the JSB's. Your chrony results with the JSB pellet prove that. Stick with the AA. To bad AA didn't make a domed 14-15 gr version.

View attachment 194908

Beautiful day with plenty of sun and temps in the mid 60's. Other than it being fairly windy, it was a perfect day and I took the TX 200 out for the first time to see how it would perform. First thing was to shoot a couple of strings across the chronograph. I shot two 10 shot strings.....

#1) HI - 656 #2) HI - 659

Lo - 647 Lo - 651

AV - 651 AV - 655

ES - 9 ES - 8

SD - 2 SD - 2

Not bad numbers there. Thats pretty darn consistent and makes it about a 15.25 Ft Lb rifle.

As far as the accuracy testing went, that was a bit frustrating at first. I only tested two pellets. The JSB EXACT Jumbos 15.89 and the Air Arms Diabolo Fields 16 grain. It definitely liked the Air Arms pellets the best. But what really kind of surprised me was that it did far better with Air Arms pellets that had been washed and lubed vs a tin that had been washed, but not lubed. I tested the JSBs nearly the same way, washed and lubed vs straight out of the the tin with no wash or lube. The groups really tightened up and became very consistent with the washed & lubed Air Arms.

View attachment 194918

View attachment 194927

This is just one day and a first day shooting the TX. But the rifle is definitely very accurate. The more I shot it throughout the afternoon, the better it seemed to get. It is 100% every bit as accurate as my HW97k. Is it more accurate?? I don't really know that yet. Maybe......maybe not. But if it's not more accurate, then it is every bit as accurate for sure. I really shot the TX an awful lot today. What I can say is that it is not only a beautiful rifle, but a very well built and good feeling rifle. The stock is awesome in the way that it looks, but most importantly in the way that it feels while shooting. I've read many different complaints here and there about the TX over the years. As of now......I have none. It took me a bit to get used to the bear trap release. But after a short time it became second nature and not even a thought. It was such a joy to shoot a springer like this all afternoon. I didn't want to stop. But, the sun was goin down and I had gotten tired. I am super stoked about this TX200........awesome rifle!!!

Sweetness in a stock

View attachment 194933

View attachment 194939

TR

Mod edit: moved attractive pic to top so we can add it to the Trending Topics thumbnail box.
Wow, I've been doing fairly well well w/ JSB's but have ordered some AA Diabolo's to try. Very nice shooting!