A Day With My New Side-Shot...To YouTube w/ Love

Just a day out after bunnies...was really pleased with the Side-Shot system for scope cam video and advantages over my Eagle Vision set up...YouTube, choke on this one.

w4oe0tO.jpg

"Calbarry"Did you have any problems installing the Side Shot with the side wheel ? Good question Calbarry...I had the same concern with the advantage of going to Airguns Of Utah to test fit first. Guess what, with my Sidewinder scope, the horizontal rod slips just behind the side wheel an still has a level/plumb reticle position. This was with the camera on the left or right. Me shooting left handed (all the best people do) I prefer the camera on the right which coincidentally affords a lower profile. Your results may vary.

"huntjunky"
"Calbarry"Did you have any problems installing the Side Shot with the side wheel ? Good question Calbarry...I had the same concern with the advantage of going to Airguns Of Utah to test fit first. Guess what, with my Sidewinder scope, the horizontal rod slips just behind the side wheel an still has a level/plumb reticle position. This was with the camera on the left or right. Me shooting left handed (all the best people do) I prefer the camera on the right which coincidentally affords a lower profile. Your results may vary.
Ah
Thanks for the reply. What size wheel are you using? I'm using a 4" wheel on my sidewinder and it doesn't look like there's enough room for the rod to slide by. I'd hate going thru the trouble of ordering oemsnd then having to send it back because it won't fit

"Calbarry"
"huntjunky"
Ah
Thanks for the reply. What size wheel are you using? I'm using a 4" wheel on my sidewinder and it doesn't look like there's enough room for the rod to slide by. I'd hate going thru the trouble of ordering oemsnd then having to send it back because it won't fit

4"...Maybe a pictures worth a thousand words...here is my set up:
ilg7W1o.jpg

Here is the right handed set up:
6j5c2NV.jpg

"Calbarry"You're right, the pictures help a lot more than words. In the first pic, your wheel is straight. It's tilted in the second pic. Is this to make room for the bar?
Actually, The wheel in both shots is tilted a bit. That’s just from laying it on that side while driving through the desert. I just pulled the muzzle side, of the wheel out, where the rubber bushing clamps down. That will mount is quite resilient and the wheel is very seldom perfectly straight but leaves plenty of room for side shot rods.

"jking"Nice setup HJ. Did you use Chairgun or Strelok for the scope tape. I like the contrast. What did you use to adhere it to the turret? I've been using Chairgun and scotch tape..
Jimmy
Thanks Jimmy, I use Chairgun as it seems more intuitive than Strelok. I used cd labeling and wrapped w/ box tape. Seems to provide adequate protection until I have to change it out because of temp change or elevation extremes.

"huntjunky"
"Calbarry"You're right, the pictures help a lot more than words. In the first pic, your wheel is straight. It's tilted in the second pic. Is this to make room for the bar?
Actually, The wheel in both shots is tilted a bit. That’s just from laying it on that side while driving through the desert. I just pulled the muzzle side, of the wheel out, where the rubber bushing clamps down. That will mount is quite resilient and the wheel is very seldom perfectly straight but leaves plenty of room for side shot rods.
Thanks,