• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A Day For The Birds .25 cal Style

"FearnLoading"Excellent video. Loved the 2nd crow shot. It was hanging on to that branch for dear life. Good shooting.

Question for you: You were swapping between the JSB and the JSB heavy. Did you notice any significant change in your zero while shooting the heavier pellets ?
Hello FearnLoading,
The video was edited out of order of the shots. I was using the King 25.34gr initially but when I ran them over the crony and reviewed them on slow motion video, they were running at 950-970 FPS and spiraling (way too hot). I could not adjust the BT65 any lower than that for them. I then ran the King Heavy 33.95gr over the crony and they were running 870-890 at the same setting so I increased the power so that they would average low 930s. I did not compare the POI / Zero when they both were set at the same power.

"huntjunky"Another job well done. Thanks for your time and effort in sharing the fun. Have you noticed any accuracy advantages, with the heavies over the 25.39s? I haven't heard much on this subject for any air rifles.
Overall the accuracy is on par with the 25.39gr JSBs. What I have noticed is much better knock down power especially at longer ranges with the heavies. The 25gr pellets are more than sufficient at 50-70 yards. Anything past that and I have noticed flyaways or runaways; they all eventually fall or stop running but it just takes a little longer. I have stretched the heavies out to as far as 85 yards and its been pretty much lights out on impact or for the crows, maybe 1-2 flaps after.

Today I installed a regulator in my BT65 but regulated, I can only get the heavies to an average of 854 FPS. Unregulated, I can run them 930-940 FPS. I like the heavies so much I'm thinking about removing the regulator and running them stock. That should say a lot about how I feel about the new heavies. Hope this helps.

Reactions: frambonian