• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A day at the range with a Slayer...

I bought the 358-152-HP-CF4 mold with all three changeable pins, and cast with the shallow and deep hollow pointed pins. The mold works well for either. If you're strictly target shooting the Slayer for accuracy then I have found the swaged ammo is the best because of consistency. Cast ammo has weight and size variation that matters in flight characteristics in long range target shooting, whereas it does not show up so much in close range hunting.
This is good to know, so maybe just buying the right sizer to size the ammo would be better for me.

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
This is good to know, so maybe just buying the right sizer to size the ammo would be better for me.
Yes, sizing is the best thing to do with any cast ammo. I will run my swaged ammo through the sizing dies to experiment with group size too. My Slayer likes .358 ammo, and comes out of the bore at about .3575"

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Testing some new ammo from Pro Slugs yesterday, their Stalker 156 grain HP/RBT. Stacking lead on top of lead for well over two dozen shots; that's a tight MOA group out at 235 yards. The few fliers I had because of either pulling the shot or inconsistent fill pressure with my holdover.

IMG_20231117_173755293~2.jpg