• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A day at the range with a Slayer...

Congratulations and awesome shooting! That pic speaks volumes on the distance....LOL! My old eyes barely see the target!
Thanks. It is an NX8 1-8×24 on 8 power. It is not always the easiest to get behind for my eyes either! Here's the pics after cropping...

IMG_20221123_110907991_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20221123_113734018_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20221123_121917163~2.jpg

What caliber on the Slayer? What range of bullets weight are you trying out. I am interested in the Slayer but not seeing a lot of info available.
It is a 357. I use 142 grain swaged slugs, but there are others that fly just as good. It is a nice hunting rig, especially with this grain weight of slug. As for the airgun itself, it is very well thought out and engineered to perform well. They are hand built, with an eye for accuracy. Tom, the owner, supports his customers and his team of shooters at the airgun competitions also. I have not hesitated to buy any of American Air Arms products, including another 357 Slayer. They are still able to be bought new from AAA if you are interested.

Reactions: jmeade1975
Crazy how far air guns have come. Had no idea they were reaching put like this.
It is still lobbing them in. The same thing can be done with an old Crosman 760 Pumpmaster. BTW, if you look at the history of the airgun, it goes way back into to be 1800's with airguns being pumped at relatively high pressures and taking big game animals for food since.

My Slayer shoots these NOE Hollowpoint slugs more accurately than swaged.
View attachment 310230
I have this same mold for the Slayer. Because it has been a while since I've sent them down range, I couldn't say how accurate they were. I should make up another batch of them for testing; as many swaged slugs that I send off to pancake on the steel every range visit, it is going to be cheaper. You been out to the rifle range lately?

It is a 357. I use 142 grain swaged slugs, but there are others that fly just as good. It is a nice hunting rig, especially with this grain weight of slug. As for the airgun itself, it is very well thought out and engineered to perform well. They are hand built, with an eye for accuracy. Tom, the owner, supports his customers and his team of shooters at the airgun competitions also. I have not hesitated to buy any of American Air Arms products, including another 357 Slayer. They are still able to be bought new from AAA if you are interested.
Will the Slayer magazine hold 174gr-200gr slugs?

Will the Slayer magazine hold 174gr-200gr slugs?
IIRC, the max inside length is .750" so most .357 molds work. The NOE 359-174-FN-CE2 was made as a bore rider slug for airguns and shoots well out of the Slayer. There is enough hammer spring and porting to push the NSA 142's over 1,000 fps, but to push any 200 grainer with any appreciable speed, that remains to be seen.