A couple tree rats today

I would not eat a starling or a crow. Or a dog for that matter. But some people do. I understand what people think about squirrels. They are cute, fuzzy and people like watching them sit and munch on an acorn. They live in the wild and are a great small game animal that fit perfect into out airgun sport. But on the farm, they are destructive. So why is my calling them a slang-term name so offensive to others? 

Had another good hunt today. About an inch of new snow last night. Was real windy yesterday so I didnt go. But it was calm and sunny today. 3* when I left at daylight. I only shot 3 squirrels but managed 4 crows. Man it’s fun to call them in. And to have several at one time circling overhead hollering back before they lite in the trees. We have some real big heavy pine trees by the pond. When I was a kid, it was fun to shoot them as they came in to roost. Big cloud of beating wings gets you unnerved for sure. It got up to 10* and windy when I came. Can’t wait till next weekend to go again. 

Last nights rabbit with the Wingshot. 

66BC8710-FE0E-48E2-9CB3-2701C2E81515.1614040825.jpeg

Lots of squirrels out today. But they got a pass. It got up to 55* and misty rain. Most of the snow has melted down. Made for easier walking. Warmed up enough for the Chippers to be out in good numbers. That’s why the squirrels got the pass. I would like to brag on this 100 yard shot. But I would be lying if he was more then 10! We had some spoiled corn and squash in a pile. The little buggers were all over it.

0759E235-8007-4BB7-9048-70B19AEB0803.1614555618.jpeg