A couple from last month.

Mid August I was able to go out with the Wraith on my AirForce Texan. I have hunted with Digital night vision since its inception. Went thermal for a while but never was impressed with the resolution of my Apex. So I went back to glass and a Green spot light and use my old Resolute Digital and my Apex as spotters. Had the opportunity to trade with another member for a Pulsar Wraith the other day and I couldn’t be happier. Got it sighted in to zero at 115 yards based on the ballistics. At dark this boar came in and I decided to wait and see if something smaller was going to show up. Well I waited for about 45 minutes and couldn’t resist taking a shot. Dropped him in his track with a shot right behind his ear. Shot was 115 yards with a 143gr hollow point. Finish him of with one in the heart. My best guess is he was 250+ pounds and is probably the biggest to date for me? The gun is 56” for reference.

A couple weeks later, I was able to go to my lease and had a really good hunt. Shot dove in the afternoon and when the sun was setting I switched gears to try and get a good roasting pig. I set all evening was was about to call it a night when a group of pigs came in to the feeder. They all were 200 pounders except for this one small boar. He finally gave me a clean shot and I punched his ticket under the feeder. He was taken with a .308 143gr hollow point at 115 yards. It turned out to be bigger than I wanted at about 80 lbs, but I went ahead and processed it.