• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

A Component Ensuring Air Gun Future Development - Super Pigs

Brook told the Associated Press that even when 65% or more of a wild pig population is killed every year, the population will still increase. The success rate for hunters is only about 2% to 3%.

This is an interesting article in today's USA Today. I knew it was a big problem in the southeast and southwest, I believe we've all watched killing and trapping videos. But Canada coming south, whoa. And I'm hearing/reading of invasions into MN, PA, CA MT, to name a few states, wow. Mabel, grab my gun🤣👍

Brook told the Associated Press that even when 65% or more of a wild pig population is killed every year, the population will still increase. The success rate for hunters is only about 2% to 3%.

This is an interesting article in today's USA Today. I knew it was a big problem in the southeast and southwest, I believe we've all watched killing and trapping videos. But Canada coming south, whoa. And I'm hearing/reading of invasions into MN, PA, CA MT, to name a few states, wow. Mabel, grab my gun🤣👍

That's crazy! Happy Thanksgiving and maybe we should have pork instead of turkey....cull some of those super hogs!

whaaaat?

that many people cant shoot straight???? or...am i misinterpreting this datum?

Like Rob_G said, hogs are smart. I've spent a lot of quality time hunting wild boar. Never did get one... So this looks like a good opportunity for some quality meat.

The only time my Grandad ever whooped me (as a kid) was when I climbed up on the side of the pig pen. They will kill and eat you if they get the chance.

Cheers,

J~

Like Rob_G said, hogs are smart. I've spent a lot of quality time hunting wild boar. Never did get one... So this looks like a good opportunity for some quality meat.

The only time my Grandad ever whooped me (as a kid) was when I climbed up on the side of the pig pen. They will kill and eat you if they get the chance.

Cheers,

J~
Thanks for the response... I guess I watched too many success vids that it distorted the reality of selecting a good spot and being quiet enough not to spook em and a good shot enough to bag one...

Reactions: Treefrog
Steve has some good advice on hunting hogs.

Reactions: Treefrog
Steve has some good advice on hunting hogs.

Thanks for that, Max.

As one that's spent more than a little time going through western NC laurel thickets with a .308, this rings true.

"While the private land hunter in Texas is shooting pigs from a weather-protected blind near a timer-controlled corn feeder, the public land hunter in North Carolina or California is trying to get the drop on a bedded pig by crawling silently through nearly impenetrable brush with the breeze to his nose. While the former hunter might have the advantage, the latter hunter gets to know that he took on a tough task and gave it his all."

The whole article is worth a read even if you don't hunt hogs.

Cheers,

J~

Last edited: