• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A bit of nostalgia

Post Script:

Went to the gun safe in my shop thinking I was going to get out the FX Independence I wanted to sell, take pictures etc and post in the classified, and could not remember the combination!!!! And I could not find the card that had the combo on it that I always had hidden in the same place, darn, I must have had a bright idea one day about a new hiding spot, and forgot to leave clues for myself as to what that new hiding spot may be!! Are there any safecrackers members of AGN?

KWK, thanks for the kind words.

By the way, I read a post here in the general discussion about the HW barracuda, that brought back some memories. I bought the diethyl ether injector mechanism from ARH with plans to install on the 35E, but never ended up doing that, and had it for years afterward, like forever, not sure why I kept it, I had sold the 35E to Klaus. not even sure what I did with it. I wonder what that would be worth now?

Thanks Keahi and Puma Carl for your kind words, much appreciated.

Well, some good news. r1lover sent me an idea about how to approach the locked safe. Just walk up to it without thinking and just twist the dial and muscle memory takes over, and voila: it opened. The combination is 59, 15, 84, please remember that for me so that when I get in this situation again, I can ask you guys, ok?

Interesting story! I got my first so-called "adult airgun:" from Law's ARH in 1971 (after a long self-debate over Wischo/BSF 55n or HW-35 [eventually,I ended up with both..])

I managed a trip to Grantsville, WV in the summer of '82, and got to visit ARH right at 'the end'. Bob Law seemed pretty excited over a new 'domestic' single-stroke pneumatic air pistol (Daisy 717) at the time. He showed me all around his business (by then, he was the only person there), let me shoot a FWB-300s, and gave me quite a few copies of his A.R.M. (Air Rifle Monthly) magazine (which I of course still have). Sad to hear he passed some years ago...

I have only on photo of that visit: The building ARH was part of wasn't in the best of shape!

Old ARH.1613866429.jpg