A bit more farmyard pest control.

Happy New Year everyone. Had some time over the Holidays to work the farm despite the cold and foggy conditions. Got to try the new scope level. Never realized I canted the gun so much. This is the venue. The Starlings and Doves like to tank up on the silage for the dairy cows but today was a bit quiet except for the crows And these are the targets These 3 were taken at 62 yards with AA Field 18grains going about 865fps in the -3C temp. Lost about 20 fps due to the temps. Farmer was also complaining about starlings roosting in the barn so I told him I would drop by after dark with the S400 12ft/lb .177 and the lamp. Got in the barn and there must have been about 1000 in there. Closed all the doors and went to work. Killed about 150 in a couple hours. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. lol. This was super fun shooting. All offhand 10 to 30 yards and VERY fast. They didn't give me a lot of time to compose a shot. It had to be pretty instinctive. Incredibly fun. This is about 52 birds. I only collect the ones that land in the middle of the barn. I don't climb in the pens. Farmer was super Happy. Says they haven't roosted in there since. Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics. I should toss the DSLR in the car. Next time. Good Times!

Ya I'm sure I could get some good footage but I'm old fashioned. I like to stick my cheek on the stock and my eye behind the scope.

Sitting behind the gun looking through a digital camera just doesn't do it for me.

Besides I get confused easily. Setting up a camera and remembering to point it in the right direction, focus it and hit the record button and THEN shoot the bird would probably short circuit something between my ears.

I'm more of a uni-tasker. lol

Ghostmaker I agree using the scope mount camera set-up for recording and shooting would be a hassle to me too. What I am using for daytime shooting is an ATN Shot Trak which records in HD at 5X magnification and is mounted to the side of the scope allowing normal scope use. The Shot Trak has its limitations, like not focusing up at real close distances or showing up small game at much over 50 yards or so but it does capture the essence of the hunt. All you do is flip a side lever to begin and end recording. I got mine off Amazon for about $110 and does not have the laser sight which is unnecessary for my shooting. http://www.atncorp.com/atn-shot-trak-hd-x 
Here is a video of me taking a squirrel with it at 50 yards and then recording my rifle set-up with another camera which I use for close up recording.

"AirgunBill"Ghostmaker I agree using the scope mount camera set-up for recording and shooting would be a hassle to me too. What I am using for daytime shooting is an ATN Shot Trak which records in HD at 5X magnification and is mounted to the side of the scope allowing normal scope use. The Shot Trak has its limitations, like not focusing up at real close distances or showing up small game at much over 50 yards or so but it does capture the essence of the hunt. All you do is flip a side lever to begin and end recording. I got mine off Amazon for about $110 and does not have the laser sight which is unnecessary for my shooting. http://www.atncorp.com/atn-shot-trak-hd-x 
Here is a video of me taking a squirrel with it at 50 yards and then recording my rifle set-up with another camera which I use for close up. 
That's a good setup. I like that. I will look into that. Thanks

nice shot BTW!

The ring is an Accushot high ring turned upside down to hold a Ruger 10-22 flat scope base. I drilled a hole for a 1/4-20 thumb screw to secure the camera. Just google the Accushot ring. It is just a ring, nothing special. The other ring holds a flash light for night shooting. The cows don't care what I'm doing as the FX500 is very quiet.