• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

A big thumbs up đź‘Ť for Utah Airguns

I bought a 500mm Superior liner from Utah Airguns. See the link,

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/barrel-and-slug-comparison-stx-vs-superior/?referrer=1

I thought it was a bad liner as the choke end was all messed for a couple of inches on the outside. But from all that I heard from several of you here on the forum, and one at Utah Airguns as well, this was normal. So I put it on the Impact anyway and took it out and shot it. About the best I could get out of it with multiple pellets, known to shoot well in FX liners, was 3/4 inch groups for the most part. Not at all like the one hole groups I get from my .25 and .177 liners at the same 50 yards. So I went about trying to fix the messed up barrel which I kind of accomplished.

Meanwhile I got several e-mails from Utah Airguns with an return label attachment. I emailed them back and told them that I had already messed with the barrel and had some luck at getting it to shoot better. So I get home from a post office trip today and what do I see on my doorstep but a package that I know, by the shape of it, is another barrel from Utah Airguns.

I quickly brought it in and to the basement it went. Upon opening the package I found it to be exactly what I suspected another barrel liner. But upon close inspection it did not have any of the crush marks on it that the other one had. It looked really nice. So, I pushed a pellet down it and to my surprise it slid quite smoothly in and down the entire length of the barrel until it hit the choke which it easily passed with a bit more pressure. It's even much nicer than the one I spent so much time lapping!

Great job Utah airguns guess I will have to send the other barrel back after all and a shout out to Mike Mitchell for figuring this all out and getting me what I actually paid for!

Thanks Mike

I still need to do some field tests to see how it shoots but my expectations are it will shoot excellent like the rest of my FX liners.

Similar story sorta, ordered a new liner thinking it was going to be the latest greatest 1:26" but I was disappointed when I measured it and found out the twist wasn't as advertised. I talked to a couple of guys there at Utah and they explained what was going on with the mis-communication on there web site. They insisted the liner I received was the go-to liner now and seemed concerned that I wouldn't like it. I did try it and boy is it a shooter. Glad they convinced me to stick with it. 

Jking

Well I got out to the range today to test the new liner they sent me. Absolutely gorgeous day it was. Although the fingers were a bit stiff from the cold when trying to fill the mags.

So I shot a few one hole groups with the new liner today. But I had some trouble at first with something? ;^) A little wind but also I mixed some JSB 13.4s together with some 18.13s in the same tin. Took me over and hour to figure it out. I sorted them and as you can see by the groups, on the right and bottom, I figured it out. Five shot groups at fifty yards at around 890fps with the 18.13s. I am more than pleased with the result .210 to .353 inch CTC groups. Target is an official Ten Meter Air Rifle Target.

Then I started tuning the velocity down and ran into some spiraling problems. Found pellets clipping the moderator so took it off. Was better but still not right and my chrony battery died so I will have to try again at a later date.