A Better type of Shoot and see Targets

Hello everyone I do not really endorse products and have no personnel stake in this company just passing on my experience with this target. Big Dawg Targets a blue 4" self sticking targets with a 3/8 white center dot turning a light orange when hit. I do and have done a lot of zeroing and shooting with both high power optics as well as red dot sights and this particular target is the easiest one I have ever used. You can see your red dot(not washed out by the red dot of the target) you can see your cross hairs ( not washed out by the black of the target ).I am not saying the conventional shoot and see targets are bad but this color pattern of these targets makes it so much easier to use. As always my computer skills are marginal at best so I can not post a picture but here is the link bigdawgtargets.com Eric.

Here you go 👍
58F5107F-9CC4-4433-B759-0041C58AC332.1623264509.jpeg

Eric,

I have had the same problem with splatter targets...! Just can't see the crosshairs well, especially not if I target shoot at night with flashlights on the target.

For the life of it, I can't stand the color blue that BigDawgTargets.com is using, I'm so sorry! 😬 

So, here is what I came up with:

Total Size = 5.5" = 14cm diameter

Light Colored Center Area = 2.8" = 5.8cm (twice the size of other common splatter targets)

Bulls Size = 0.8" = 1.6cm

Adhesive

With Patches

● 0.15 ea | 100 for 15$ | Part No.TRG00242 | https://hdtargets.com/products/trg00242

● 0.25 ea | 10 for 2.50$ | https://tjtarget.com/product/hd-target-peal-stick-and-see-splatter-targets-5-5-target-10-sheets-per-package/

Matthias

Targets.  Paper. HD Targets. 5.5 Circle Target.1623273820.jpg

Love the Big Dawg targets, buy I seldom use them. I shoot into a wooded/shaded area and the blue and white color show up better than anything I've tried. I typically shoot 40-60 yards and the 4" size is just to large for my needs. I really, really wish they would start making them in smaller sizes.

They do have cover up patches that are 2". These would work for sighting in, and then use the smaller patches for smaller targets.

Eric,

I have had the same problem with splatter targets...! Just can't see the crosshairs well, especially not if I target shoot at night with flashlights on the target.

If the target isn't black, turn your targets 90 degrees. The cross becomes an x and the reticle will be visable on the brighter parts of the target.

This thread has given me an idea for a night time target. Draw or print a target on copy paper and suspend it a bit above the ground (frame or box.) The target needs to be high enough that pellets will pass over a light placed behind it. Be sure to protect the light from fliers.