A 10 and 20 shot group with the 22 red wolf at 190 yards

Congratulations! You are the very first one to ask about that. I’ve been waiting. The target backing is curved, kind of concave. And it’s not square to the bench 190 yards away. It’s not horrible. I just haven’t finished a project I started this spring which was putting a real target stand up out there. Right now it’s a piece of foam board tact to a small maple sapling that is quickly becoming a straw. It has been a very hot summer as everyone is aware. I will fix it when it falls apart, or this fall.

i’m kind of surprised it took as long as it did for someone to bring that up.

mike

Was out shooting today and was able to get some similar results, though only at 100 yards. Need to find a further spot to shoot to get out to the 190 yards.

What slug size are you using? 216, 2165, 217, 2175 ? Have found that the 2165 seem to shoot a little better, but I haven't played with fine tuning the power either. Any idea on the fps you are pushing? Was pushing the 20 grain howlers at 909 fps and NSA 23 grain at 861. Not trying to derail you thread by any means. Just want to try and reproduce the outcome you have found :D

I have the best luck with mine in the 2165 and 217. I’m shooting with a heli board, I suspect I’m going faster. However, all I can do is suspect right now, I shot my crony one too many times.

I’ve tried about a dozen different slugs, on at least three different power levels. And modified my settings.

The only slug/setting combination that has given me really really small groups is the 20.2 grain on setting nine. I don’t know how to translate that for a standard board. I also have a programmer for my standard boards, however I have not used it yet. I would be afraid to make changes to my 17 caliber.

How many wind flags are you using?

Keep in mind, I’m shooting those little tiny Groups in absolutely pristine conditions. 
mike

Yeah I have the heli in mine as well, honestly they should come from daystate with them.

Flags are none as of right now. Shooting in a well covered area with very low winds today. The one thing that will help me is to have actual targets and not hand drawn dots on the backer board. Stupid me I forgot my stapler at home when I left. I need to get out some more and test some more slugs and settings.

Thanks for the info! and sorry for derailing your thread