9mm EDgun Leshiy 2's

Took some shots today with a chrono. Sorry no pics of the chrono, it decided to reset after I reviewed the first 16 shots. Thanks $30 amazon chronos.
Anyways here are the specs for today:
350mm barrel
Raptor regulator set at 100 bar
Tank filled to ~250
Ammo: Hades 77.16 grain
Wind: windy but bearable
Shot count: 16 shots from 250-100 bar.
FPS range was tight at 668-674 fps

Edgunwest claims
Approximate Performance
  • 81 Grain JSB 760-800 FPS
  • Shot count 10-16 (depending on regulator setting)
  • Regulator setting 150-170

I feel like my low settings should yield a higher shot count.

IMG_9470.jpeg

IMG_9471.jpeg

IMG_9472.jpeg

Reactions: SlimPlinkins
Not sure of exact round count from my .25. I need to shoot it thru the chrony to find out when it falls of the reg. But a close estimate is 40 shots. The 25.39 grain JSB’s are moving an average of 1,031 fps. I would slow it down some but it’s inside a squirrel head at 50 yards. The 34 grainers are moving in the 900 fps range. Can’t remember exact. Brian said it would shoot the 34’s better so I’m sure he had it set for them. But the 25.39 are more accurate.

Yeah so I upgraded to the 470 cc tank and I can still get about two full mags running at about a full 180 bar on the reg. The price is also not something I have any issue with paying if in the event it is truly a quality product. Unfortunately for me in the first three months of owning this I have already had to tear out the tank valve because o rings have gone bad and the gun has had a cycling issue that was intermittent, then the mag would only half cycle. Now it doesn’t cycle at all. I will be doing all these repairs myself regardless of warranty because I just feel that if this is breaking already then learning how to fix it is going to be a prerequisite to ownership. So quality just isn’t a word I can use to describe this device and for that reason can’t justify the price tag nor recommend another edgun product to anyone. Hope the rest of you fair better.

Yeah so I upgraded to the 470 cc tank and I can still get about two full mags running at about a full 180 bar on the reg. The price is also not something I have any issue with paying if in the event it is truly a quality product. Unfortunately for me in the first three months of owning this I have already had to tear out the tank valve because o rings have gone bad and the gun has had a cycling issue that was intermittent, then the mag would only half cycle. Now it doesn’t cycle at all. I will be doing all these repairs myself regardless of warranty because I just feel that if this is breaking already then learning how to fix it is going to be a prerequisite to ownership. So quality just isn’t a word I can use to describe this device and for that reason can’t justify the price tag nor recommend another edgun product to anyone. Hope the rest of you fair better.
Don't like to hear these reports. I have had mine in .22 for about two weeks now. Have scope mounted and on paper in the basement at 8 yards. Have shot around 50 rounds through it just to check function. No issues. Holds reg pressure for days. Need to get it out to the range to chrono and zero at some yardage.
Only issue I had to date is the Behemoth went on tight and when I tried to remove it the entire system unscrewed from the barrel. I had a challenge to separate the two pieces but now have it secured to the barrel, lubed the lugs and now it goes on and off with ease.

Reactions: jawshunting
Took some shots today with a chrono. Sorry no pics of the chrono, it decided to reset after I reviewed the first 16 shots. Thanks $30 amazon chronos.
Anyways here are the specs for today:
350mm barrel
Raptor regulator set at 100 bar
Tank filled to ~250
Ammo: Hades 77.16 grain
Wind: windy but bearable
Shot count: 16 shots from 250-100 bar.
FPS range was tight at 668-674 fps

Edgunwest claims
Approximate Performance
  • 81 Grain JSB 760-800 FPS
  • Shot count 10-16 (depending on regulator setting)
  • Regulator setting 150-170

I feel like my low settings should yield a higher shot count.

View attachment 362312

View attachment 362313

View attachment 362314
Hey man, I’ve purchased the 9mm 250mm L2 and having troubles filling it, it’s leaking at the entry point. What are you using to fill yours ? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Reactions: 44_Magnum
De,
If his compressor will only do 150psi that will not matter
150 PSI! My brain switched the units to BAR. Yes, 150 PSI sound like the kind of compressor you use to fill bicycle tires, not airguns. That said, the "leak out" issue could be a different problem. If not the wrong fill adapter, the gun maybe has some un-seated o-rings.

150 PSI! My brain switched the units to BAR. Yes, 150 PSI sound like the kind of compressor you use to fill bicycle tires, not airguns. That said, the "leak out" issue could be a different problem. If not the wrong fill adapter, the gun maybe has some un-seated o-rings.
Yea, we need to figure out his compressor situation first. I’m sure he is trying to use an automotive compressor.

Based on what you guys said, I'm kind of leaning in the direction of the Leshiy 2 for my first airgun: https://www.edgunwest.com/store/edgun-leshiy-2/item/edgun-leshiy-2-9mm-250mm/

I don't plan on doing any long distance target shooting at first. I'm thinking maybe a red dot sight and maybe a green laser for carrying it while hiking or taking shots from not too far away in my backyard range. Any recommendations would be hugely appreciated.

I only intend to shoot hollow point slugs out of it. There are a bunch of unpleasant critters where I hike (even some bobcats and coyotes) and although I have a general rule that I only shoot what I will eat, I don't want to get mauled by an animal when I'm out with the kids.

I sympathize with MorgK on the air compressor questions. I did know that you need a "special" 4500 psi compressor, but there are a lot of them to choose from. Could anyone recommend one in the sub $1,500 range that doesn't require oil and other complex maintenance procedures? One that I can toss in the car with a 12 volt/110 AC would be a plus.

I'm thinking of getting a large, high end tank (like 100 cubic foot), a compressor, and a portable bottle to toss in my backpack since the 9mm Leshiy 2 looks like it only gets 10-16 shots per fill.

The Barra 400e is out for delivery. If anyone is interested I could take some videos of blasting a pumpkin or something in my backyard this afternoon :)