:)

I think anyone been severely bored in school, and held a ruler out over the edge of the table and flipped it, and finding out the more ruler overhand you had the deeper the "note"

I played a mean smoke on the water on my ruler, until i again was kicked out of class.

This video on spontaneous synchronization i think also touch on the topic of harnessing barrel harmonics, though this is probably the result you do not want.

https://youtu.be/T58lGKREubo

I tried messing with a carbon shroud on my Impact last June after talking about it with MtnGhost, the accuracy was already awesome so I didn’t see any improvement. Probably should have tried messing with it more but didn’t. Fast forward 5-6 months, people started using them a lot with great results, videos started popping up and Ernest started selling them. I started thinking about it and decided to try again. Here’s what I ended up doing...

The first third of my barrel liner is carbon tube but the last two thirds of my liner is thicker aluminum tube with more weight towards the tip of my barrel. The consistency and repeatability were immediate, like I said, the accuracy was already great. The aluminum portion of the shroud can be moved forward or backward about 1.5” until I find the sweet spot. Once I find it, I put a tiny strip of electrical tape to hold it in place. It’s a very tight fit but can be repositioned or taken of if necessary. It’s not pretty, but nobody sees it anyway! It works! If you were wondering, every time you change settings, projectiles, anything, you have to re-tune it, usually not by much though, just takes a little time.

Stoti

I tried messing with a carbon shroud on my Impact last June after talking about it with MtnGhost, the accuracy was already awesome so I didn’t see any improvement. Probably should have tried messing with it more but didn’t. Fast forward 5-6 months, people started using them a lot with great results, videos started popping up and Ernest started selling them. I started thinking about it and decided to try again. Here’s what I ended up doing...

The first third of my barrel liner is carbon tube but the last two thirds of my liner is thicker aluminum tube with more weight towards the tip of my barrel. The consistency and repeatability were immediate, like I said, the accuracy was already great. The aluminum portion of the shroud can be moved forward or backward about 1.5” until I find the sweet spot. Once I find it, I put a tiny strip of electrical tape to hold it in place. It’s a very tight fit but can be repositioned or taken of if necessary. It’s not pretty, but nobody sees it anyway! It works! If you were wondering, every time you change settings, projectiles, anything, you have to re-tune it, usually not by much though, just takes a little time.

Stoti

Stoti 

what did you use for the 2/3rds sleeve? What size and where did you get it?

Got it on Amazon. If I remember correctly, it’s 9mm ID and 12mm OD. I bought quite a few different sizes but I’m pretty sure it was the 9mmx12mm. I had to remove quite a bit of material to get it to fit properly. I even hit the outside of the barrel liner with a grinder in a few spots. It certainly did not just slide it over the liner or inside the barrel tube, it was quite a bit of work The barrel fits snugly inside of it and it fits snugly inside the barrel tube so the whole unit is very stiff and does a great job of increasing consistency and decreasing hold sensitivity. Whether or not it’s any better than the carbon fiber sleeve I can’t say, it is tunable though, which is why I went this route. 

Stoti

When I read about the barrel tuner on the M3 I immediately watched a few videos on the toob, but am still wondering how it will work with a shrouded barrel, all the videos I saw was powder burners with solid barrels. Surely the barrel that sits inside the shroud should be "tuned" as I doubt it will have the same effect when the shroud is :tuned" Some barrels like my Redwolf has O-rings on a sleeve that hold the barrel , one probably have to make that sleeve slide able and lockable from the outside...how to do that? One thing I am certain about is that the actual barrel has to be tuned with a sleeve of some sort that one can move forwards and back, now to find an elegant way of doing that!

Chuck,

I custom build my barrel tuner for my IMPACT MKII after several adjustment and fine tune the rifle. I was able to shoot VK 34grs XLHP around 1050fps with great accuracy with my barrel tuner. This custom build cost me about $7 to make and it work awesome. 
0D105AB7-F9D0-483A-845F-83A5A7F248E8.1619931519.jpeg
77013ADF-F2D4-462F-98F5-2001E619B7A1.1619931519.jpeg
C0651B8E-192C-4C36-BEED-32DDA8F59D19.1619931520.jpeg
9F84A491-5D15-48DB-AC74-B19DB51A7C9E.1619931522.jpeg

CB558A83-6EB9-46E7-8735-D37B345B5001.1619932023.jpeg
D6925B08-540E-4A5A-A276-13EEF43A052C.1619932024.jpeg

As you can see first grouping with no adjustment on barrel tuner. Second grouping move it back little and grouping got better. Third grouping move back just little more and 4 shots touching and the last shot off to left. 

This is my 25cal 700mm superior heavy, reg set at 165bar, power wheel adjuster on line 3.

The one I built was made in three parts. A thin 3d printed sleeve to go over my FX shroud and a piece of pvc pipe with an inner filler sleeve to match the shroud sleeve outside diameter. The whole tuner is about four inches long and weighs about five ounces. I can adjust the outer sleeve fore and aft to find the sweet spot. It only takes about 0.010 movement to to find that harmonic node. I then decided to buy an steel collar to try over the shroud sleeve that weighed about six ounces and all the concentrated weight in the span of the 5/8" collar width had the shots flying everywhere. I also bought an lighter aluminum collar that weighs about two ounces. Bill