• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

95 yard pigeon

I arrived at a neighbors farm today and saw one pigeon on the nearest silo. Got my 25 cal Impact out and snuck down to the equipment shed for a rest and a closer shot. It had flown off the nearest silo and landed on the farthest one that I ranged at 95 yards. Lucky for me, unlucky for the pigeon I’d just come from my range and had shot the Impact at 100 yards. I knew exactly where to hold and took the shot knocking it off the silo. Farthest kill shot I ever made with an air rifle! Went into the barn and scared a couple more into the hay mow. Took me a minute to adjust to the light and found both sitting on a beam and dropped one at maybe 15 yards. The 25 cal really hits hard compared to my 177’s!

Gotta love having confidence "just coming from the range" in your gun. I did a head shot on a squirrel at 97 yds.
The only way to shoot at game or pest is with confidence or “high confidence”. Of course, borne out through lots of rounds down range at targets, plinking, etc.