AEA 95 Caliber Zeus

Quite terrifying given AEAs lack of QC.
You're not wrong. I love my challenger bullpup but the sear broke on me at one point in time and had that happened while it was cocked and loaded....

I had a machine shop replicate the part in hardened tool steel and its been solid ever since but there's no excuse for the poor quality of that part IMO

Add to that that this .95 can fill to 7000 PSI...

I hope it turns out to be good and I hope I don't read a horror story some time soon

You're not wrong. I love my challenger bullpup but the sear broke on me at one point in time and had that happened while it was cocked and loaded....

I had a machine shop replicate the part in hardened tool steel and its been solid ever since but there's no excuse for the poor quality of that part IMO

Add to that that this .95 can fill to 7000 PSI...

I hope it turns out to be good and I hope I don't read a horror story some time soon
What caliber is your challenger?

Quite terrifying given AEAs lack of QC

You mention QC problems, there are at least 4 other companies with QC problems
, Umarex,Seneca, and AirForce. Do you own any of them? I'm trying to understand why the AEA brand is so hated? Is it because for the price point a AEA pro will give all makes a run for their money in accuracy? or is it because they are a China made pcp? or because they give you the most powerful pcps. I don't think there is any Pcp company without QC issues at this time and date. The sense of Pride is gone and just ship it has arrived. I felt the hatred first hand, 2 or 3 years ago and yes, I own a AEA big 9, one of the first Terry Fox had shipped out. I was told by a few people that I was a liar for saying it was a 300 fpe pcp because they had a modified bulldog that wasn't making 300 fpe.

IMG_20240203_120619030.jpg

You can simply purchase Lee SKU 91592 .460 die for $16 along with all the other casting equipment to make this round a reality.
But with the swage die I can make light or heavy slugs and tune for exact weight that works best. I already had the swage press for small bore slugs I make anyway. It's nice to not have to melt lead too, I can make them at the kitchen table, just wipe everything down after

You mention QC problems, there are at least 4 other companies with QC problems
, Umarex,Seneca, and AirForce. Do you own any of them? I'm trying to understand why the AEA brand is so hated? Is it because for the price point a AEA pro will give all makes a run for their money in accuracy? or is it because they are a China made pcp? or because they give you the most powerful pcps. I don't think there is any Pcp company without QC issues at this time and date. The sense of Pride is gone and just ship it has arrived. I felt the hatred first hand, 2 or 3 years ago and yes, I own a AEA big 9, one of the first Terry Fox had shipped out. I was told by a few people that I was a liar for saying it was a 300 fpe pcp because they had a modified bulldog that wasn't making 300 fpe.

View attachment 441097
I have had Fx's, the company I work with for pest control solely uses Fx's. And I work on them if they need me to tune them or if mess up. So that's atleast 12 Fx's that I have had my hands on WITHOUT problems.

Since the beginning of AEA they have had problems and continue to do so, have they gotten better? Yes, but the guns they make are powerhouses for that reson, the lack of QC is what is concerning.

I bet Hatsan has had more QC problems than any other company, and yet every experience I have had with QC problems have been met with speedy responses and parts being sent to me in amazon delivery fashion. Can you say that about AEA? I've personally owned 3 AEA, and have shot 5 other ones. 3 of the 8 were problem free, all of which could've been addressed but never did even with the high amount of complaints. Guns arriving with missing parts, poppet valves not lasting long enough, magazines breaking within 200 shots, not cycling properly, semi autos having so much blockback that it pushed the projectile back into the main block and jamming the cocking lever.

Can you imaging shooting this thing with a magazine and the lid to the mag breaking off in your face? The only two AEA that I have had fantastic results with are the AEA Max in 357, the AEA Standard and AEA Varmint.

I don't care that they are a chinese company, or that AEA makes the strongest airguns for an affordable price, just don't cut corners. They surpass handguns in terms of power and now centerfire cartridges.

Last edited: