• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Choosing for us noobs is a bi_ch. I feel I got lucky but more because a great member here helped me a great deal than anything I did. I read and studied and read and read some more and watched a hundred videos and I was still on the wrong track for me and only actually shooting a gun and then hunting with it got me where I needed to go.

I strongly advise anyone wanting to get into this game to find somebody to let you shoot their gun or guns and get as much under your belt as possible before spending your money. This can be a LOT of money too as we all know and the noob is going to find out.

Even then there is so much to experience and learn. Opening the portal into this dimension begins an nearly infinite journey.

I feel that the purpose for which you intend to use this gun will cause you to focus on certain models/calibers/etc. I don't know what kind of a person you are or what your objectives are. If you are like me and accuracy is paramount, then you will focus on certain rifles. If you only like to shoot tin cans, that's another issue. Hunting adds another facet to this as well. Like many of us, you will end up with several guns for different uses. Why don't you post your immediate goals, then we can suggest where to go.

This guide isn't for me. I already own a multitude of PCP's for different purposes. This is for newer members/visitors that don't own any PCP's and are "lost" in the sea of information out there. So I like that you mentioned accuracy. Accuracy can be added in the guide - certain guns are inherently more accurate, although accuracy is dependent on multiple factors including shooter, gun, barrel, ammo, etc. 

Oh my, this would be an enormous excel form with a lot of options and categories, but very useful indeed!
but why stop with the new shooters? Think about it - the whole range of airguns put in a digital form which allows you to filter between the many options? Magazine, singel loading, handpump friendly, wood/synthetic, loudness, type of barrel, bolt action/sidelever action ........ Almost no end to it.
would it be possible?

A couple of suggestions would be that one would need more like 400 - 500 dollars for a pump, scope, mounts and ammo. I would also break down the adjustable trigger to match or hunting quality. Lastly, in terms of design, would it be a bottle gun (RAW HM 1000x, FX Royale 400/500, etc) or a cylinder (marauder, air arms, FX 200,etc). Gunnertrones is right, this is going to be a l o n g list! Great idea and very nice to think of folks just getting into this and being overwhelmed by it all.

Funny story just happened today. My wife called me today as I was driving home from work to talk to me about my "gun collection." She was home from work today cleaning the house and getting ready for a family vacation. Turns out she realized I have way more guns (airguns) than she remembers. Found my old break barrel Gamo's in the garage in addition to 6 PCP's and 2 multi-pumps in the house, all neatly tucked away in the closet. She ended up counting and was like "WHEN DID YOU BUY ALL THESE GUNS?"

Long story short, I've been my own guinea pig when it comes to airguns because if I wanted to try it, I had to buy it. I bought some guns that I probably wouldn't buy today based on the knowledge I have now. I probably could have saved at least a grand or more money in the amount of guns and ammo I purchased, but I don't regret the journey. It's just that most people don't have a lot of money to burn on a gun they may regret buying later, so often times they want to buy "the best gun" for their needs right off the bat. Unfortunately, for many of us, this hobby takes us down the rabbit hole and we become addicts and can't wait to buy/try the next gun we fall in love with.

P.S. I offered to buy her more shoes if she'd just let things go. I told her I don't go looking in her shoe closet and start counting pairs.