90 yard squeek

Nailed him on an old cattle chute. Dominator .22 cal HPA JSB 15.9 gr.

Tree fall makes a good rest. It is 90 yards to front of chute

Blue tape is my windage notes...

Descanso 007.1617077713.JPG

Descanso 008.1617077777.JPG

Good shot!

What state do squeek's live? Are they the colony type varmints that breed in large numbers?

SO California...ground squirrels here are considered vermin.. they live in burrows (.open season year round.) There is a season for tree squirrels in No California.

Local Indian reservations are loaded with ground squirrels.

Mr. crazyhorse,

I am impressed with your skill, you mastered the ballistics for your equipment. Thanks for posting the pictures of the beautiful land and eliminating another pest. I like the title "90 yard squeek" very appropriate.

Good luck with your pesting, stay healthy and safe

Arrowhead1951

Thanks...I Practice wind shots often...but here prevailing winds are predicable both in time and direction.

Here in northern CA there are ground squirrels and Belding squirrels. The Beldings are called squeaks by many because of the noise they make. The sqeeks are smaller than the ground squirrels, about the size of a chipmunk and can be a challenge to shoot.. Both live in burrows and both can cause extensive damage. The squeaks are found mainly in the alfalfa fields in the most northern part of the state. Every land owner will gladly give you permission to shoot them. My permission has both. I have been asked to concentrate on the ground squirrels as they are causing lots of damage along the main road. There are also fields that are loaded with squeaks. There are so many that they don't go down when another one is shot. The record for one guy shooting squeeks is 900 in one day. Yes, 900. My friends use powder burners and they often go thru 500-600 rounds each, per day. The alfalfa fields are a target rich environment and an air gunners dream

Good shot!

What state do squeek's live? Are they the colony type varmints that breed in large numbers?

SO California...ground squirrels here are considered vermin.. they live in burrows (.open season year round.) There is a season for tree squirrels in No California.

Local Indian reservations are loaded with ground squirrels.

Thanks GTK.

Here in northern CA there are ground squirrels and Belding squirrels. The Beldings are called squeaks by many because of the noise they make. The sqeeks are smaller than the ground squirrels, about the size of a chipmunk and can be a challenge to shoot.. Both live in burrows and both can cause extensive damage. The squeaks are found mainly in the alfalfa fields in the most northern part of the state. Every land owner will gladly give you permission to shoot them. My permission has both. I have been asked to concentrate on the ground squirrels as they are causing lots of damage along the main road. There are also fields that are loaded with squeaks. There are so many that they don't go down when another one is shot. The record for one guy shooting squeeks is 900 in one day. Yes, 900. My friends use powder burners and they often go thru 500-600 rounds each, per day. The alfalfa fields are a target rich environment and an air gunners dream

Okay, I get it. 

I live in AZ and the only colony varmint we have are prairie dogs, they are few and far between nowadays, not like when I was a kid. We have large ground squirrels and chipmunks but not a huge amount of them where I live. 

Over in Utah I might have shot some squeeks, very prolific, IIRC they looked more like a prairie dog but 1/3 the size, I can't remember exactly though. 

I was at LD's once in Temecula and shot a bunch of Cali ground squirrels which are normal sized.

Then in NW Idaho I shot a bunch of what might have been squeeks because they looked like larger sized chipmunks or small ground squirrels.

I'm always open to invites for varmint hunting, hint, hint 😁 Have gun will travel!

Thanks for the info! 

Okay, I get it. 

I live in AZ and the only colony varmint we have are prairie dogs, they are few and far between nowadays, not like when I was a kid. We have large ground squirrels and chipmunks but not a huge amount of them where I live. 

Over in Utah I might have shot some squeeks, very prolific, IIRC they looked more like a prairie dog but 1/3 the size, I can't remember exactly though. 

I was at LD's once in Temecula and shot a bunch of Cali ground squirrels which are normal sized.

Then in NW Idaho I shot a bunch of what might have been squeeks because they looked like larger sized chipmunks or small ground squirrels.

I'm always open to invites for varmint hunting, hint, hint 😁 Have gun will travel!

Thanks for the info! 

I use to shoot at LD'S often in his club matches and his annual FT match up until 2015....

Rich

That's a great shot. 90 is a looooong ways out on that smaller vermin, for sure.

Lately I have had most shots under 50Y and like it that way. Once I get my holdovers sorted, new Bug Buster on the TaipanVL.25, I will reach out to 80 at the most.

Don't think I have EVER seen a more pretty and safe backstop! Drove 370miles yesterday looking to renew an old permission and the guy wasn't home, passed him on the way in 3 miles from his house and didn't realize it at that moment. It's been 15 years.

GS are still mostly underground in Eastern Oregon where I went and the low that morning was 28deg, very cool. 

It's only 300miles to Doris, CA