86 clicks later...

Apohlo

Jun 12, 2022
Wisco
Had my personal best starling busting session the other day and felt that the Taipan community would get a kick out of it.

It's that time of year where they are flocked together and lots of juvenile birds make easier targets than normal (come towards another laying in the ground, DRT).

Started the evening with a group of 2 down between 55-65 yards. I zero my .22 Taipan Standard at 50 so I know the holdover to approx. 65yds.

Next up, a group at 85yds. 26 clicks on the Optisan did the trick on three more starlings in that tree.

Fast forward a few minutes and I had a group wayyy out. Ranged em at 126yds. Dialed some odd 75 clicks, took the shot, and "poof", starling down. Second shot on the next bird, miss. Third shot, another down at 126.

Lastly, the final bird of the night - clocked in at 138yds. After 86 clicks and what seemed like an hour of flight time, another starling down, to my somewhat surprise.
Didn't recover the long range birds since they were way out over the woods - but the coyotes and other creatures hopefully appreciated my aerial food delivery platform.

Operation starling control with the Taipan - success.

PXL_20230530_130120352-01.jpeg