850 Conversion to PCP snagglefracker

Just got a Gauntlet and with that a compressor, so I decided to convert my Umarex 850 M2 .22 cal to pcp so I would not have to buy CO2 any more. I got an adapter and a Ninja Paintball 22ci tank and regulator and some spare shims. Screwed in the adapter and screwed in the tank at the factory setting which was like 900 and nada. Shimmed to 1100, still nada. Shimmed to 1200, nada. Re-installed the CO2 and the gun fired fine. Re-installed the adapter et al, nada.

I have done a ton of research on this conversion and while half of it is miles over my head, some of it I could make sense of i.e. hammer spring, valve flow (and I even have a wrench to take the valve apart with--from my bike tool kit no less). Mine is a newer gun, got in in March, and is stamped made in Germany if that makes any difference.

BUT before I go ripping into an air gun for the first time in my life I though it best to ask first. Don't wanna shoot my eye out. Plus, the gun is a good shooter. Bolt is like butter. I don't want to screw it up if I don't have to.

So, any ever do this afore? Any advice? 

I had a similar issue with my bottle build, and nervous triger advised me to unscrew the bonnett on the reg and remove the pin valve. Everything worked fine after that.

Oh yeah, gotta de-gass first, and did that by slowly loosening the 3000 psi burst disc. 

Hope you get it going, sometimes it takes a few moves before the planets and luck line up lol -

OK, alls well that ends well. Yanked the pin out of the regulator and a stray pellet out of the receiver and I now have a 50 yard shooting 850 M2 with a 22ci bottle attached, to go with my Gauntlet .22. Be interesting to see how many shots I can drag out of that 850. I'll be happy if its 100 or so. Wish I had a chrony to test it with.

Oh well. 98ci fill buddy tank next. then maybe a chrony.