• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
One of many good videos on the subject...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVC-83QW5L4

SPOILER: in this case of magazine springs... For years, and they'll be just fine.
Capture.1604321811.JPG

I'm betting springer break-barrels, about the same. You can probably leave a well-cared for gun cocked for months (at least) and suffer no issues with the spring.

Unlike a gas-ram, which from it's creation is slowly slowly leaking air.

Your car has valve springs that stay compressed when the engine is off. Marinate on that one for a moment. 

I personally never got the point of these discussions, because in actual use of the gun, why does it matter? If you plan to keep it cocked and loaded by the door for a month in case you need to shoot something, well that's an issue in itself IMO. 

In actual use for hunting where the gun may stay cocked for several hours, it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. 

Your car has valve springs that stay compressed when the engine is off. Marinate on that one for a moment. 

I personally never got the point of these discussions, because in actual use of the gun, why does it matter? If you plan to keep it cocked and loaded by the door for a month in case you need to shoot something, well that's an issue in itself IMO. 

In actual use for hunting where the gun may stay cocked for several hours, it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

If it gets a few more people to think closer to your excellent summary, it's worth it. :)

Why did you edit the title out? 

We all like a good conversation and expressed opinions like... Did we really land on the moon or was it all shot on a Hollywood stage? Did a UFO crash in Roswell, or was it an experimental Military project? Is Elvis dead or is he jamming with Mike Jackson in a basement at the Neverland Ranch?