800mm FX barrels, when will they be available?

That's great shooting man! This really makes me want to get one of the 800mm barrels, but I'll have to wait for when I can build up the cash reserves. On my Maverick, I'm running a 16-16.5g(can't remember) hammer weight that is brass with a powdered tungsten core. That combined with a Huma hammer spring is enough to crack the valve at 200+ bar, for what its worth. I also opened up my valve seat to 7.2mm and have a PEEK poppet in there. Either way, you can definitely run a lighter hammer weight and still crack the valve just fine. I don't know how much easier to crack the PEEK poppet is, but I figure it probably equals out close to factory with the larger valve seat opening.

I believe the biggest difference in the 300 bar valves is the length of the threaded section, but I'm not positive about that. The ones from Best Fittings UK seem to be very nice. I have 2 of them, and they've worked quite well for me. I have two 300 bar 580cc bottles and a 700cc bottle that I swap out. That 700 cc is a nice alternative to a dual bottle setup.

I am testing these days the .25 ZAN 41 gr's @ 960, I am not really happy with POI. Maybe I put my expectation way to high for the bigger mass slug, but I can admit that I did not get my tune perfected for this weight. Not yet, but I spent at least 300 slugs so far for tuning at the 100M bench. I can see spiraling - some people say speed slow the other people say speed high ..... I promised myself I have maybe 600 more slugs in this weight if I don't make it work I will go back to 37.

The same .25 ZAN 37's were grouping better the entire last year, but also I spent at least 3-4 hundred slugs to get the tune right + the rest of the game.

I was expecting a bigger mass 44gr vs 37gr can cut the elements, but I feel like overstressing it somewhere wanting to shoot and score 100 Meter rings with 960 fps.

I would like to get one of those 100mm extensions, do you have a source?
BigHUN i just realized your problem with slugs and read through your post without noticing it.. have you solved that issue or can you tell me the twist rate of the barrel and the overall lenght of those slugs you see spiraling?
Additionally do you see spiraling after 100m or does it correct itself along the range?

BigHUN i just realized your problem with slugs and read through your post without noticing it.. have you solved that issue or can you tell me the twist rate of the barrel and the overall lenght of those slugs you see spiraling?
Additionally do you see spiraling after 100m or does it correct itself along the range?
I have two liners (STX-A 1:27) but currently using the Superior heavy liner (1:18).
The ZAN 41gr is Lenght: 0.38" / 9,7mm; ZAN 37gr is 0.36" / 9.1mm.
I shoot for now up to 100 meters only and ocasionally - how the light comes back I can see the 41 spiraling half way down. Also many YT videos with scope cams = those iguana hunts in example, if you pay more attention to a slow motion you will see the spiraling.

Hmmm.. i have not used a .25 cal before but the little experience i have with .22 tells me that from a gyroscopic stability from 1 to 2 i had good results (and supposedly more doesn't hurt but i can't confirm).
Also Zan has some of the best quality control or by other words i have not seen a single slug bent or deformed or with any significant weight difference from each other and if it corrects itself along the path it means it is dinamically stable so not blaming the projectiles just yet. Although i have to say going up a step in caliber tolerance (like from .217 to .218) can sometimes help very much.

Also at what pressures have you tried shooting, what lenght is the barrel and have you tried shooting on the lower end of knee curve? Shorter pulse of air to allow less air after the slug exits the muzzle.

Here's a link to a recent topic in .22 on some thoughs about stabilization and my experience with it if it may help or not i can't say.. https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...lugs-at-450m-492y-in-22.1269462/#post-1283446

I love ZAN and I am pretty good with tuning as well, but as we know with "tuning" there is always something to miss.
Just a note to a general public............watch the slomo YT videos, and you will see most of the projectiles spiral.

Edit: sorry guys I didn't read through this thread for a while, looks like I replied in wrong place.......

Last edited:
I've been short on time, so I didn't have time to do a search on here and I apologize if this has been covered recently already. Does anyone know when we common folk will be able to get our hands on the 800mm .22 heavy barrels? Will FX be releasing an 800mm .30 barrel anytime soon? I'm eagerly awaiting either one of those options myself. More power, or same power easier, what's not to like about that! I'm thinking that extra 100mm will allow me to make some power milestones that will be game changers in the hunting department. Any info is appreciated!
The 800mm barrels that have shipped. Already being recalled as there is some kind of problem. Of the 5 local dealer received only know of one that is working. So no timeline as to when.

FWIW I just got an FX barrel housing to measure so I can offer any length TJ barrel in my .22 3 groove barrel. 12"-32" will be available soon. They are full diameter hammerforged and can handle up to 30gr for sure and possibly higher. Being full diameter and no liner/housing you can truly tension without stretching the housing. I'll also be offering the TJ .30 1-26 as an FX drop in as well. Both will be using the Huma dual port thimble.

Reactions: qball