800mm FX barrels, when will they be available?

FWIW I just got an FX barrel housing to measure so I can offer any length TJ barrel in my .22 3 groove barrel. 12"-32" will be available soon. They are full diameter hammerforged and can handle up to 30gr for sure and possibly higher. Being full diameter and no liner/housing you can truly tension without stretching the housing. I'll also be offering the TJ .30 1-26 as an FX drop in as well. Both will be using the Huma dual port thimble.

This is interesting. However a full diameter 700mm barrel would be quite substantial in weight, my 500mm full diameter TJ barrel for FX is very noticeably heavier than the FX 700mm barrel which makes the gun feels like a bench rig even with a 500mm barrel. If you can do skinnier barrel(4-8mm less diameter) and make up the difference with a tensioned carbon tube somehow then it would be really interesting. Obviously a machined and carbon wrapped barrel would put the price point well beyond most would find acceptable in airgun world.

Granted I’m hoping FX would carbon wrap their liners from the factory, I can always dream right? 🤣

Last edited:
Anyone else have trouble with carbon fiber tensioner and 800 mm shooting slugs could only get one type of slugs to group at all removed the tensioner and left on the barrel holder put regular shroud on and got accuracy back for both h&n. And NSA slugs one 44 gr one is 43.5 gr 25 cal and how come there not offering a cf sleeve for 800 mm yet

They don´t sell 800mm 1:14 TR liners. But strangely I bought a tensioned 800mm barrel and it cames with 1:18 TR
They sure do, I have one.

20221203_152108.jpg