• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

8 five shot groups @ 50yds HW97K

Late this evening the wind was pretty much at a stand still. Wasn’t even enough to move my flags. 
HW97K 
Baracuda FT 9.57 
Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50. 
Front rest and rear bag

50yds 5 shots each 8 groups.

CB0ADF79-17E4-44D4-B9D1-AEBAD7C7B796.1634000669.jpeg

Reactions: BigT
That is some serious grouping with a springer, especially consecutively. You're obviously a very good shooter... Kudos to you.

Thanks @L.Leon I try, springers can be tough sometimes if your not doing things constantly. I think shooting rimfire matches, NRL22, PRS22,FTR22 and Benchrest 22 has helped teach me about being consistent with grip,cheek pressure and trigger pull.

@uglymike if I had a range like that I’d be out of pellets all the time and in the doghouse by the wife for not doing my chores while she’s at work. I retired in May the week after turning 55 and all my friends still work so pellet guns helps pass the day but here in north central Oklahoma there’s not too many days when the wind isn’t blowing pretty good. I can shoot through my barn and get 11ys with no wind and my 17yd target doesn’t seem to be affected by the wind but my 25,50,75 and 100yd targets the wind hits them pretty good. 

Here’s my Oklahoma climate controlled shooting environment. The steel targets I have to shoot from the garage. Paper targets I shoot from inside the barn now.

5ACE8DFD-D668-48F8-9589-0F8A68B86A49.1634048561.jpeg

Awesome job with your springer, Those groups take special skill. When you get conditions like that. You have to take advantage.

Three of the groups had the potential to be absolutely tiny compared to the rest. What I like to call a screamer. All of them are great, don’t get me wrong. But in three different instances, you’re one shot away from a sub MOA group with a springer at 50 yards. That’s great shooting! Bullseye 🎯

It’s interesting that the first three groups were all somewhat leaning towards the left side. Yet the following six groups were clearly heading to the right more so than center or left. Did you have flags out by any chance? I guess the first target was sighters, but clearly they were hitting left of center slightly.

The upper left group is crazy 

Thanks for posting them.

mike

F42BDB4F-72B3-408A-A0D8-EA34F8118D60.1634182730.jpeg

Awesome job with your springer, Those groups take special skill. When you get conditions like that. You have to take advantage.

Three of the groups had the potential to be absolutely tiny compared to the rest. What I like to call a screamer. All of them are great, don’t get me wrong. But in three different instances, you’re one shot away from a sub MOA group with a springer at 50 yards. That’s great shooting! Bullseye
1f3af.svg

It’s interesting that the first three groups were all somewhat leaning towards the left side. Yet the following six groups were clearly heading to the right more so than center or left. Did you have flags out by any chance? I guess the first target was sighters, but clearly they were hitting left of center slightly.

The upper left group is crazy 

Thanks for posting them.

mike

F42BDB4F-72B3-408A-A0D8-EA34F8118D60.1634182730.jpeg

I had one flag at the 50yd target and it was hanging straight down. I shot the sighter then the first group and made a scope adjustment before shooting the next one. The rest is just me getting more in sync. Usually takes me a couple of targets to get things lined out as far as my pressure and trigger pull/follow through. Thanks for the kind words. A few of those groups were really tight till the last shot. Always seems to be one that wants to ruin things lol.