• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Events 7th and final National 50 benchrest match of our 2023 Season (Marion, OH)

I’ve got Dan Putz down as shooting a .25 @100Y but I am pretty sure he switched to a .30 because of the crazy winds. His targets were considerably tighter groups than others but sorry that I didn’t get any pics of those for you. A couple of the Rimfire guys did really well at 100 too. Eric Fisher commented that his Bergara shot better at 100 than it did at 50 which he couldn’t understand why?

Reactions: tommyb
We are seeing more and more ARA guys crossing over and shooting our N50 events and liking the change. I've been asking our N50 participants for some post event comments, positive or negative. Their comments seem more and more common:

"I can now shoot my OLD XXX rifle which I can't shoot in ARA's factory class."
"N50 Rules sure are more relaxed and you don't have to wade through umpteen pages of rules to find an answer to a question."
"I sure like the best edge scoring system better."
"I like it. It was really fun."
"I can't wait to see how my scores rank nationally."
"Will they have a youth class and will they (N50) cut youth shooters a price break, like ARA does?"

BTW, Our third N50 match is scheduled for this Saturday June 17. Sign up at 11 and match to begin at noon. I hope some of you Buckeye shooters will consider joining us for a fun day shooting.

Reactions: rrann and Loufish
We had excellent weather and relatively calm winds but still with our usual swirling, switching, what the heck winds to deal with. I think everyone had a great time today. We saw two new Skout Epoch rifles in play which were quite interesting looking.

We also instituted a new “Youth” class with 7 year old Cooper Collins edging out Harper Michaud.

Baker Airguns Mike Gann took top honors in the pellet class.

Meeker Sportsman Club member Eric Fisher took gold in the sportsman class.

John Hakius shot an awesome 748 with his Pro class 2500X.

IMG_0687.png
IMG_6976.jpeg
IMG_6975.jpeg
IMG_6974.jpeg
IMG_6973.jpeg

Reflection of my own personal lesson learned the hard way ...

Please make sure you check the math on your targets as {we} scorers are not perfect mathematicians. I was reviewing my own target scores (this morning) and discovered two math errors. Had I discovered the errors yesterday I would have finished 3rd instead of 6th. However it's too late now to make any corrections.

The N50 rules state:

Protest​

A fee of $5 per protest may be applied at the Match Directors discretion. Fee will be refunded if protest prevails. No targets can be handled by any competitor for any reason. Upon the conclusion of the final match and after all targets have been scored, targets shall be made available for inspection by the competitors. The competitor, on their own target, shall determine that scoring and mathematical calculations were completed accurately. Any errors discovered 5 minutes after the match is completed shall stand as marked, right or wrong. The Match Director shall direct the scoring team to review the protest shot for possible revision.

IMG_0697.png

Sportsman class winners; Joe Ketcham, Rick Thomas and Eric Fisher.
IMG_7105.jpeg

Pellet class winners; Tim Swan, Jeff Swartz and JR Schnipke
IMG_7104.jpeg

Meeker instituted our own “Youth Class” and once again 7 year old Cooper came out on top.
IMG_7106.jpeg

Last edited:
We had awesome weather today. Mild winds, sunshine and a great turn out of shooters just enjoyed the day. Thank you to all who showed up to shoot and for our awesome club members who helped with set up, RO duties, scoring, posting targets and tear down. Many hands make light work And each of you have my greatest gratitude!

IMG_0713.png

Pellet class winners, Tim McKnight, Sharon Moore and Rob Moore.
IMG_7413.jpeg

Our 7 year old old champion is on a roll and is undefeated this season!
IMG_7412.jpeg

Sportsman class winners, Joe Ketcham, Ray Davis and Rick Collins.
IMG_7411.jpeg

Last edited:
We had awesome weather today. Mild winds, sunshine and a great turn out of shooters just enjoyed the day. Thank you to all who showed up to shoot and for our awesome club members who helped with set up, RO duties, scoring, posting targets and tear down. Many hands make light work And each of you have my greatest gratitude!

View attachment 393172

Pellet class winners, Tim McKnight, Sharon Moore and Aron Moore.
View attachment 393174

View attachment 393173

View attachment 393175
It was nice meeting you and so many others. Sorry I couldnt stay to shoot. The weather was perfect. Thanks for putting this on.

View attachment 393172

Pellet class winners, Tim McKnight, Sharon Moore and Rob Moore.
View attachment 393174

View attachment 393173

View attachment 393175

Tim, I just re-read this post. I did not realize you won the pellet class in September. Belated congrats, and these are good scores with your .22 cal! That gun is accurate! You’re not too bad either.

BTW, our last N50 match is tomorrow Saturday 10/21. Hope to see a good turnout. Our range is really showing some magnificent peak fall colors.

We will be awarding wood plaques to the top 3 shooters, in each class, for our 2023 season. You must have shot in at least 3 matches to be eligible for the plaques. Your 3 highest aggregate match scores, of the season, will be used to rank each shooter. This is similar to how shooters are ranked nationally on the N50 Results page.

Yesterday was sadly our 7th and final N50 Benchrest Match of our 2023 season. The weather is rapidly cooling off and conditions are just too unpredictable to schedule anymore events this year. However we are already eagerly looking forward to our 2024 season ahead though. Conditions were cool and started out great but unfortunately the last few relays were shot in a [cold] rain. Scores actually went up in the latter cards so I guess it was a trade off of sorts.

I want to take the time to thank all of our Meeker Sportsman Club members who unselfishly helped to set up, score, RSO, tear down and transport gear to and from the range. It takes a village to run these events and I could not have done it on my own. I also want to thank our shooters many who commuted from other states and from all over the Buckeye state to shoot and support our matches. Each of you made this all possible and THANK YOU just doesn't seem to say enough.

Results from the final match of 10/21/2023:

IMG_0714.png

2023 N50 Ohio State Points Series Championship:

IMG_0715.png

Yesterday‘s Sportsman class winners: Joe Ketcham, Eric Fisher and Rick Collins

IMG_7512.jpeg

2023 Ohio Points Series and Yesterday‘s Youth class winner: Cooper Collins

IMG_7514.jpeg

Yesterday‘s Pro class winners: Mark Clemons and Rick Thomas
IMG_7515.jpeg

Yesterday‘s Pellet class winners: Rob Moore, Tim Swan and Tim McKnight
IMG_7517.jpeg

2023 Ohio State points series Sportsman Class winners: Joe Ketcham and Eric Fisher
IMG_7513.jpeg

2023 Ohio State points series Pro Class winners: Mark Clemons and Rick Thomas
IMG_7516.jpeg

2023 Ohio State points series Pellet Class winners: Tim Swan, Jeff Swartz and Tim McKnight
IMG_7519.jpeg

Last edited:
It is interesting for me to see RTI Prophet in N50 competitions. What results have been obtained with this rifle?
Hi @sadeqtm My RTI has yielded outstanding results (for me). I have shot my .22 Prophet LR in 5 of our 7 N50 events this year with the exception of one match I used a 30 Ghost, in prep for PAC and the final match I used my new Thomas HPX. I have gone through LOTS of air guns over the last 6+ years in this hobby and my Prophet has been the most accurate air gun I have owned or shot to date with the exception of my new Thomas HPX. Its embarrassing to say that I have gone through: 6 FX's, 4 Taipans, 3 Kaliburgun Crickets, 2 Uragans, 3 Red Wolves, 2 Wolverines, 3 RAWs, 3 Brococks, 2 Avengers, 2 RTI Prophets, 2 Benjamins, 1 Crosman and probably others that slip my mind. I tend to buy and sell rifles trying to find one that is more accurate than the last one and NONE have been able to outshoot the Prophets yet, at least at my skill level until my HPX. I shot my (30) Ghost at PAC only because I can't see .22 holes at 100 yards but from my testing the Prophet is more accurate than the Ghost even at 100Y.

As far as result numbers you can go to the https://www.national50.net/results page and see my scores in the RANGE column under MEEKER . Before the N50 National Results in Raton were posted I was holding at 9-10 place nationally but slipped a few spots after the Raton scores were posted by more skilled shooters than me. I am not sure why you don't see more RTIs in the mix but I suspect its because not a lot of people own them since RTI is such a small EU company and FX owns the market share of the industry now.

Hi @sadeqtm My RTI has yielded outstanding results (for me). I have shot my .22 Prophet LR in 5 of our 7 N50 events this year with the exception of one match I used a 30 Ghost, in prep for PAC and the final match I used my new Thomas HPX. I have gone through LOTS of air guns over the last 6+ years in this hobby and my Prophet has been the most accurate air gun I have owned or shot to date with the exception of my new Thomas HPX. Its embarrassing to say that I have gone through: 6 FX's, 4 Taipans, 3 Kaliburgun Crickets, 2 Uragans, 3 Red Wolves, 2 Wolverines, 3 RAWs, 3 Brococks, 2 Avengers, 2 RTI Prophets, 2 Benjamins, 1 Crosman and probably others that slip my mind. I tend to buy and sell rifles trying to find one that is more accurate than the last one and NONE have been able to outshoot the Prophets yet, at least at my skill level until my HPX. I shot my (30) Ghost at PAC only because I can't see .22 holes at 100 yards but from my testing the Prophet is more accurate than the Ghost even at 100Y.

As far as result numbers you can go to the https://www.national50.net/results page and see my scores in the RANGE column under MEEKER . Before the N50 National Results in Raton were posted I was holding at 9-10 place nationally but slipped a few spots after the Raton scores were posted by more skilled shooters than me. I am not sure why you don't see more RTIs in the mix but I suspect its because not a lot of people own them since RTI is such a small EU company and FX owns the market share of the industry now.
I'm so glad you were able to get good results with your RTI Prophet. As a benchrest shooter, I use Prophet in WRABF Unlimited classes. I'm also very happy that RTI Arms Company was our sponsor in the World Championship 2023 in Pilsen, Czech Republic.
We have had very good results with Prophet in the 50m Unlimited class, I will share the results.

Reactions: igolfat8