• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

75cf Tank Conundrum

id just get the standard one from aoa .. really id get a used firemans tank on ebay, i know its not for everybody, but i got the tank for $65 with a valve, and then 50 for a 347 adapter ..

20221122_185440.jpg

@The Codger It depends, are you intending to fill your own tank or will you be taking yours to a dive shop? This matters if you’re considering buying a used tank. Also TopGun sells that armor for about $100 separately (I think it costs $95 on the site). I learned early that you can piece that stuff together. I bought all but the boot at the base of the tank and can still order one when I’m ready.

If I were in your shoes I’d seriously consider buying whatever tank has the deepest discount during a sale. You can buy a valve from a few places if the one you receive isn’t satisfactory. Personally I got a 74cuft tank from Airgun Depot for just under $600 IIRC.
In the following thread members discuss the valve in Joe B’s (TopGun) tanks and have a good report https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/great-white-vs-air-venturi-tanks.1270919/

In this thread @Humdinger describes how various brands of large SCBA tanks (60 minute tanks) are marketed as larger sizes than they actually are as hype. https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/great-white-vs-air-venturi-tanks.1270919/

Last edited:
In this thread @Humdinger describes how various brands of large SCBA tanks (60 minute tanks) are marketed as larger sizes than they actually are as hype. https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/great-white-vs-air-venturi-tanks.1270919/
It has to do with the fact that most breathing tanks are filled to 317bar~4600psi instead of the "industry" norm of 300bar~4350psi.
Then theres the problem of tanks used for breathing air which has a below 50bar~725psi whistle. This informs the user that he's got to go out ASAP. So most firemen discount the whistle amount when stating usefull air. Breathing use is set as a norm of 40 liters~10½gallon a minute. Then you can start to calculate tank sizes in minutes.

So it all depends.

It would be so much easier if you simply stated the true volume of a tank instead of the volume of air it can hold at any given pressure.

i believe i will stick with taking my gx-l3 pump out with me and filling straight from the compresser , heck i can buy a whole new gx-l3 for less than $600 and get a full fill every time and it only weighs 16lbs and will run an hour before i gotta charge the batteries. so thank yall for helping me make a decision about tanks. for me , dont need em. i will just buy another mantenance free lithiun battery powered actually protable compresser. its simple. thank you all so very much.

@The Codger This is the type of deal I was referring to. I’d jump on this one if you want a new SCBA tank. 74cu for for $399.99. https://www.airgundepot.com/air-venturi-carbon-fiber-tank-74-cu-ft-with-jubilee-valve-dom-2020.html
Thank You, I did see that friend. If I upgrade to what I feel is a better valve I am right at the same price point of a Tiger Shark. I have a small compressor (upgrade is next on my list) but if TGA had posted a compressor combo with the Tiger Shark I would probably be waiting on delivery

@The Codger Using the 11% off Black Friday code that’s good until 11/27/22 (I think) the subtotal would come to around $355. See the site’s banner for the coupon code. Not a bad deal for new 74 cuft tank with a 2020 date of manufacture. I see what you mean after paying about $229 for a dual gauge Joe B. Valve.

Last edited:
@Trucker3573 my account was hacked on Paypal sometime ago. I discovered it was Paypal when I killed my old card updated my Paypal account with new card number and the problems began again. I dropped Paypal. It's odd because I use long multi character PWs and I update often.
The 2 were once affiliated, the relationship is reportedly dissolved but the damage is done. I avoid both.

Mrs. Codger has a problem free Venmo account and Zelle has been good to me

Reactions: Trucker3573
Ok. I ran the tanks on each website up to payment for the details regarding shipping and taxes, etc.
I went with the Tiger Shark and fill whip, no armor kit... yet.

The $41 I would have saved at AGD on the Air Venturi deal might have been recouped if I sold the Juilee valve. It was not cost effective to replace the HP3 unless I could get it sold at a very good price. With no changes the AoA offering was only $45 less all in.

I do own a mini wingman with Jubilee valve, I consider the TGA valve (TJ3) an upgrade to the Jubilee.
I don't know if the TJ3 is better than the HP3 but I did run the numbers with and without performing the swap. The $45 mentioned above is without the additional cost of swapping it out. The $41 difference mentioned for the tank at AGD is with the valve swap

I appreciate those that added their thoughts on the topic. Thank You

Reactions: Ezana4CE