• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

75 and trying to learn quick about PCP

I own an fx Royale 500, 75 cu carbon tank and 25 cal pellets pellets. The airtank I took to a dive shop 30 miles away to be filled. The tank holds 4500 psi. The dive shop can only fill 3000 psi. I understand that's not as much air as 4500 fill so number of shots will be less. I was told that the gun will not be performing at its best power either? I'm in Maryland and can't find a place that can do 4500 psi. Am I ok with 3000psi and fewer shots or is the gun not able to do its best shooting and speed with 3000 psi vs 4500? In noway do I want to damage this gun.

Regards,
Dave Hagan

Do try to get with other shooters. You've checked the "member map" at the bottom of the forum page right? It has some fill stations listed.

Crosman's " fill locater" ( and please ad to it and the map if you can ) shows several with 4,500psi fills but not sure how far they are from you.
http://www.crosman.com/discover/airguns/pcp-resources/find-a-fill-station

Keep us posted,
John

Another options of course is to consider getting a good compressor. The out of the box idea is go rent a high pressure nitrogen tank from your local welding/gas supplier. Several guys have done this in the past and had pretty good success. I think in a few cases the rent included pick up and delivery. These are large cylinders and are not something you can tote around. With a regulator setup you can fill smaller carry bottles and your gun as well. Just something to think about. good luck!

I'm in York, PA and found a local dealer (Roberts Oxygen) for a 6000 PSI nitrogen tank. They, as FunGun mentions above deliver and pickup with very reasonable rates once you get past the original costs. I think it was about $150.00 up front for the first tank which covered delivery, first fill up, rental costs for a year, and a has-mat fee. refills are around $45.00 delivered. 
So far i have filled my S510 over 57 times from the 120 bar low point to the 200 bar fill pressure and have only used 500 PSI. I'll never use a hand pump again. i got a regulator from Joe at we sell air tanks.

Craig

"Regal_US"If you are close to Frederick in MD, several people in my club fill their CF bottles at Brass Anchor Scuba Center.
I used to use The Brass Anchor in Frederick too to fill my tank. Now that I live in Westminster I use Underseas Outfitters. They only fill to 4000 psi which is what the keep their bank of tanks filled to but they fill your tank in a few minutes while you wait and only charge me $5.