• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

72cc plenum on MK2?

Hello mate...Yes it will fit!

I will be doing a YouTube video soon on my FX Impact MK11 and the 720 Plenum, showing how to swap out the old...and put in the new!

You can get them from Utah Air Guns or Huma Air in the Netherlands!

Cheers, Mark

Farm Pest Management-Airgun

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38VP441uEIU3Yo4kVmMnow/featured

932B4415-1637-4886-81F7-F11071227FD8.1636601475.jpeg
0732661C-7CB5-49C6-94B5-29B6EB859023.1636601476.jpeg

just got mine on three weeks ago on my MK2. I’m sure you’d like to know differences vs the standard PP, right?

what it did to mine, with nothing else touched, was make it a bit quieter, and I notice with each shot the front pressure gage needle takes forever to start moving. All parts besides the plenum chamber are exactly the same as the original pp- valve, valve rod, valve seat, hammer, etc.

you do get the upgraded valve knob with the conversion, which I like for two reasons- easier to turn with one finger, and it has three points to insert a M3 x 4mm grub screw to lock down your valve knob setting. My kit did not come with the grub screws so I found stainless dog point tipped grub screws elsewhere

I have one spare complete kit from the time I was upgrading the porting and the poppet to a peek, so I was thinking to get a larger 72cc tube only + the threaded end cap. I found the parts at euroairguns, but before I placed the order just to make sure I sent them an email. Turns out on backorder.

I would need a little more puff for heavier slugs. Right now my MK2 PP in .25 can pump 960 fps with 37 grain and 920 with 41 grain slugs, but as a wind cutter I may want to go 44 or 48 grains and tinkering these days how could I keep the speeds just above 900 ???

Not sure how much benefit going from 65cc to 72cc will give. Going from 25 to 65cc made a huge difference for me allowing me to drop the reg pressure from 145 bar to 110 bar for the same power and arguably better accuracy. But for me, that nearly tripled the volume where going from 65 to 72 adds just a little bit. If you upgrade, please let us know the results.

Also, not shooting slugs, but shooting the .25 cal 34 grain pellets at 850-ish fps for comparison.

Not sure how much benefit going from 65cc to 72cc will give. Going from 25 to 65cc made a huge difference for me allowing me to drop the reg pressure from 145 bar to 110 bar for the same power and arguably better accuracy. But for me, that nearly tripled the volume where going from 65 to 72 adds just a little bit. If you upgrade, please let us know the results.

Also, not shooting slugs, but shooting the .25 cal 34 grain pellets at 850-ish fps for comparison.

I mentioned earlier that I touched nothing on my gun just did the pp swap. At that moment my impact was set up for speed at 1005 FPS. 

with nothing touched it shot up to 1015, and I only use the jsb 33.95 MK2 Heavy’s. This is at 128 bar reg pressure that I’ve always kept it at.

I wish I could offer more performance data but immediately after testing a couple of shots over the chronograph to see a quick before and after, I completely de tuned my gun down to around 920 in search for the best, best accuracy. 

All settings have changed except for the reg pressure. After I’m done with the target work I plan on ramping it back up to high power.