• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.72 Zeus to shoot bird shot

Ma and speed is just shooting birdshot in a rifled barrel. Shot performs terrible in rifled barrels.. There's been conversations on umarex hammer to shot shell that looked very good. Not very hard to get a smooth bore 12 gauge blank in America.. Umarex was supposed to come out with primal 20 gauge for $500.00 or.something. not nearly as powerful as Zeus platform. You could hook the Zeus shotgun up to big SCBA tank tethered and shoot trap. 😀😀😀 what.a way to get people.into airgun s. The Zeus should be able to shoot full 1 once PR 1and1\4ounce loads pretty stout.

Reactions: PolarisRngr
I just bought a 16" zeus 72 and had a texoma smooth bore I just finished putting on it. Haven't shot it yet, just making sure it holds air and it's all put together correctly before I try it. I have a few different chokes to try out also.

the texoma barrel fit like a glove, no info on how it performs yet though.
20231030_161359.jpg

I just bought a 16" zeus 72 and had a texoma smooth bore I just finished putting on it. Haven't shot it yet, just making sure it holds air and it's all put together correctly before I try it. I have a few different chokes to try out also.

the texoma barrel fit like a glove, no info on how it performs yet though.
View attachment 401479
I'm considering doing exactly what you did with a 72 Zeus and getting a smooth barrel for shot.
Do you mind filling us in on the cost of the barrel from Texoma and have you got a chance to run some rounds through it? If so how did it go?

After 2 shots the zeus broke. There is a plastic oval chamber under the bolt where the air is fed through. It was completely destroyed and tore the oring in half. I am in the process of ordering another one. The pin that holds in the oval was bent in half. I ordered some 12L14 2mm steel rod with a psi strength of 115,000 to make a stronger pin, but if this oval piece keeps disintegrating it won't matter.
I'm thinking about trying to find someone with a CNC machine to make me this oval piece out of aluminum but it would probably cost as much as the gun.

1000006553.jpg
this is what's under the broken piece. You can see the gold colored material isn't centered. I'm guessing that when the air is blowing through its going through at an angle which is causing stress unevenly on the plastic piece which is why half of it crumpled in. Time to take it apart and see if I can make those holes line up lol.

Seems like something the person putting it together should have done...

1000006561.jpg
this is the air bottle for the zeus. A couple of the screws that hold it in place had come lose, it let the bottle turn a little out of place so that oval wasn't in line like it should have been. And after putting it back together now the rifle won't cock. LOL....

I have to say in terms of reliability if you're planning on hunting maybe bring a different gun. This is just my personal experience with the gun, other people may have better luck.

After 2 shots the zeus broke. There is a plastic oval chamber under the bolt where the air is fed through. It was completely destroyed and tore the oring in half. I am in the process of ordering another one. The pin that holds in the oval was bent in half. I ordered some 12L14 2mm steel rod with a psi strength of 115,000 to make a stronger pin, but if this oval piece keeps disintegrating it won't matter.
I'm thinking about trying to find someone with a CNC machine to make me this oval piece out of aluminum but it would probably cost as much as the gun.
Just a heads up, 12L14 is too soft to take impacts. It'll mushroom really easy.