718 yards with FX Impact M3/Absolute MOA/Coldshot

We decided to bring in the new year with a mountain drive and after a while noticed a beautiful, rocky mountain side with some nice patches of gravel and loose dirt that makes for great ELR shooting conditions. I pulled out the rangefinder and ranged anywhere from about 648 to 750+ yards. Perfect!

After selecting what I figured would be the best spot to see my Impacts, I ranged it at 718 yards. I quickly set up my portable bench, M3, and dialed to the necessary MOA on the Absolute MOA Digital Readout with my Coldshot base. I only had a handful of prototype slugs in a couple variations to try but figured this would be a great spot to test them out.

After getting some good results I saved a few slugs to shoot on video. So I set up my tripod/spotting scope, attached my phone, and started sending. INCOMING!!!!!!! 🤪
Screenshot_20240103_100129_Gallery.jpg

I believe my first shot on the video was a hit but the area is way too difficult to get to for verification.

Last edited:
Chad, 😊

your shooting is sp.... — spec... — specta....— SPECTACULAR!!!
Awesome!!

Thanks for sharing.
You keep my extreme long range dream ALIVE! 😃

Matthias
Thank you Matthias.

I always appreciate your upbeat and positive attitude. I also enjoy a lot of your threads and feel we're lucky to have you here on AGN.

We decided to bring in the new year with a mountain drive and after a while noticed a beautiful, rocky mountain side with some nice patches of gravel and loose dirt that makes for great ELR shooting conditions. I pulled out the rangefinder and ranged anywhere from about 648 to 750+ yards. Perfect!

After selecting what I figured would be the best spot to see my Impacts, I ranged it at 718 yards. I quickly set up my portable bench, M3, and dialed to the necessary MOA on the Absolute MOA Digital Readout with my Coldshot base. I only had a handful of prototype slugs in a couple variations to try but figured this would be a great spot to test them out.

After getting some good results I saved a few slugs to shoot on video. So I set up my tripod/spotting scope, attached my phone, and started sending. INCOMING!!!!!!! 🤪
View attachment 421874
I believe my first shot on the video was a hit but the area is way too difficult to get to for verification.
What caliber?

On my M24 I have a right handed Cold Shot and Absolute MOA.
I switched from shooting right handed, to left handed and it was easy to switch the Absolute MOA to the right side.
The joy of using the Absolute MOA is that I don't have to read the Cold Shot dial pointer anymore since I made the switch. The dial indicator is all in need.

Great product!

Reactions: Swish
If you've got a minute would you mind telling me what scope and model you are using? Also what bipod you are using and slugs /gr? I'm using altaros .25 cal in 50 gr atp smooth, just wondering if I would have any luck going out to this distance.... My last group was 2.075-in at 300 yards in the wind, I basically just want to know about your scope because I want to see how far your AO goes out to, I'm using an arken ep 5 it goes out to 500 yards and then it has an Infinity Mark. I appreciate any info thanks

Reactions: tibor
If you've got a minute would you mind telling me what scope and model you are using? Also what bipod you are using and slugs /gr? I'm using altaros .25 cal in 50 gr atp smooth, just wondering if I would have any luck going out to this distance.... My last group was 2.075-in at 300 yards in the wind, I basically just want to know about your scope because I want to see how far your AO goes out to, I'm using an arken ep 5 it goes out to 500 yards and then it has an Infinity Mark. I appreciate any info thanks
My experience has been that if you're sub MOA at 300, then that MOA should hold out to much farther yardages in good conditions. I think you'll do great!

There is a couple of things, like the slugs, that I can't really speak of right now because they're in the prototype phase.

I'm using a Vector Optics Sentinel X 10-40×50. Most would consider it to be a relatively low end scope. I only use it to show just how effective the Absolute MOA Digital Readout with an adjustable base can be.

By keeping the scope optically centered, I get the clearest sight picture and the best optical performance possible with the given glass. Since the adjustable base is doing all the work, I get that performance through the entire 300 MOA of adjustability and I have no issues focusing to 718 yards and beyond. The Sentinel X side focus only goes to 100 before a gap and then to Infinity. I hope this helps.

Yes that helps tremendously I appreciate very much the info. That's some pretty amazing shooting my hat is off to you! If and when you can begin to talk about those slugs and if you think of it I wouldn't mind as I'm sure everybody else wouldn't mind information about them. One more question if you wouldn't mind, what bipod are you using? Thanks again I appreciate it and awesome shooting to you!