700cc CF Bottle with new FX Valve

Yes, what airgunmann said...no loctite needed because the air pressure will keep it on tight. All loctite will do is make it much harder to remove the valve later, which is already hard to do as is with a normal spanner wrench. If you plan on removing these valves with any regularity, I highly suggest getting something like the Saber Tactical Bottle Degasser kit here:

This kit makes it super simple (and safe) to work on your bottles/valves.

Reactions: ocdairgunner
I could be wrong but I believe a lot of manufacturers use some sort of thread lock when assembling. FX in particular uses something. I would use maybe the purple strength on a bottle valve. That should keep it from accidentally spinning off if you remove it from your gun, but be easier to break down should you need to. Thats what I plan to do with my bottle. Air pressure will help keep the bottle and valve together, but there have been more than a couple fatalities/injuries from paintball tanks coming un-threaded under pressure.

I applied O-ring silicone grease to the rubber o-ring on the new FX valve and snugged it down using a hardened set screw wrench (allen) for leverage. I would assume that once the compressed o-ring takes a set, it adds to the pressure required to remove the valve, along with the internal high air pressure in the bottle.

Sorry to hear that you bent your Saber tool trying to remove a valve.

Yes, what airgunmann said...no loctite needed because the air pressure will keep it on tight. All loctite will do is make it much harder to remove the valve later, which is already hard to do as is with a normal spanner wrench. If you plan on removing these valves with any regularity, I highly suggest getting something like the Saber Tactical Bottle Degasser kit here:

This kit makes it super simple (and safe) to work on your bottles/valves.
Just FYI, this kit works great for FX bottles/valves, but doesn't work for the Daystate/BRK bottle/valve.