700 cc 300 bar buddy bottle/FX AMP regulator

Does anyone know if the OEM amp regulator can handle 300 bar?
I have purchased a 700 cc 300 bar bottle.
I just wondered if the reg will hold up to it.
I don't mind just filling to the normal 250 bar. It will increase my shot count without a doubt.
I'm not really wanting to utilize more than about 135 bar for my.25 barrel and shooting heavy 25 grain.22 pellets.
I have been thinking about tuning for slugs and it appears to require a slightly higher operating pressure for the best stability.
That's really the reason for the larger bottle. It will give a better shot count when shooting the slugs.
As far as tuning for the .22 barrel, 100 bar with the 18 grain pellets allows me around 130-145 shots depending on my hammer spring adjustment.
I have started to understand the slug tuning. Even with the sharp,crisp burst of air. Slugs tend to eat a bit more air than pellets because of the operation pressure. That's really my only reason for getting the 700 bottle.

In my Vulcan 3 the one regulator are fine able to suck up the 200 of the BARs and just give me 100 to shoot with ( .177 )
These days i however only fill / shoot with the V3 when my 12 L bottle are at 250 BAR or less, CUZ i use the original FX CF bottle on that gun now as i have put a 500 cc 300 BAR one on the Maverick.
The Maverick REGs i have at 150 and 100 BAR, and so far it seem to work okay.

Reactions: WVaMccoy
What does the side of the gun say behind "max pressure"?
Well... that was my reason for asking. The dreamline has 230 bar printed on it, but if it has a bottle adapter on it you may run 250. That's why I wasn't sure if the reg would hold up to the extra pressure of the 300. They had already stepped up the working pressure going from a tube to a bottle. The 300 bar seemed like a giant leap from the original 230.

Reactions: Glem.Chally
In my Vulcan 3 the one regulator are fine able to suck up the 200 of the BARs and just give me 100 to shoot with ( .177 )
These days i however only fill / shoot with the V3 when my 12 L bottle are at 250 BAR or less, CUZ i use the original FX CF bottle on that gun now as i have put a 500 cc 300 BAR one on the Maverick.
The Maverick REGs i have at 150 and 100 BAR, and so far it seem to work okay.
I was considering getting a maverick when I bought the dream tact. I'm happy with the performance of my gun as is. I really only got the 700 bottle to increase the shot count when I opt to shoot the .25 barrel. I was only getting about 40-45 shots per fill with the reg at 135 bar while shooting the 33.95s at around 875fps. hopefully the 700 bottle will push it to around 70.

As i shoot .177 i get tonnes of shots with any gun of mine,,,,, though i never see / feel that as i shoot tethered to my 12 L bottle.
If i was to let slugs be and just shoot say 10 grain pellets, it would get even better for the shot count, though i dont feel i am "burning" air with the slugs.

The regulator in the Vulcan 3 are a whole other beast, its volume and weight are like 30 FX regulators,,,,, at least. :)

My dealer told me you needed 2 regs for 300 bar, I still don't have a 300 bar bottle on my m3 though.
Not true. There are many pcp guns that are rated for 300 bar and only have 1 reg. Even a cheap $300 avenger have only 1 reg and can be fill to 300 bar. Having 2 reg helps to reduce the pressure on the 2nd reg, but isn't required for 300 bar fill.

Not true. There are many pcp guns that are rated for 300 bar and only have 1 reg. Even a cheap $300 avenger have only 1 reg and can be fill to 300 bar. Having 2 reg helps to reduce the pressure on the 2nd reg, but isn't required for 300 bar fill.
The dealer is probably talking the same brand as OP owns.

Reactions: WVaMccoy
I believe he was asking about FX amp regs, not pcps in general..

The dealer is probably talking the same brand as OP owns.
I contacted FX and asked them if the single AMP regulator in my FX dream tact could handle 300 bar. Support told me that my dream tact wouldn't handle it. They said I needed an FX gun with 2 regulators (M3 impact or Maverick, I suppose) With that said, I realize there are other regulated brands that are built to handle 300 bar with a single regulator. I may actually be able to purchase an after market reg, like one of the Huma regs which would allow me to use 300. I'll just fill to 250 and enjoy the increased shot count from the extra 220 ccs of volume.

I contacted FX and asked them if the single AMP regulator in my FX dream tact could handle 300 bar. Support told me that my dream tact wouldn't handle it. They said I needed an FX gun with 2 regulators (M3 impact or Maverick, I suppose) With that said, I realize there are other regulated brands that are built to handle 300 bar with a single regulator. I may actually be able to purchase an after market reg, like one of the Huma regs which would allow me to use 300. I'll just fill to 250 and enjoy the increased shot count from the extra 220 ccs of volume.
It's not only up to the regulator, the threads at the bottle/tube, the orings there and the path to the regulator are designed to work under a certain pressure. Getting a higher working pressure regulator doesn't change those designed parts in the air path and their built in safety factor.

It's not only up to the regulator, the threads at the bottle/tube, the orings there and the path to the regulator are designed to work under a certain pressure. Getting a higher working pressure regulator doesn't change those designed parts in the air path and their built in safety factor.
isnt the bottle adapter on the maverick the same as the dream bottle adapter? I think the adapter can take 300 bar as the maverick and wildcat BT can do 300 bar bottles.