70 Year old needs Help!

Hello to all, I’m looking for a easy to use air gun to remove hose sparrows.I just had my shoulder replaced and can’t use my break barrel rifle.I need recommended air guns that I can just pick up and shoot without a lot of effort!…I need to purchase this sooner than later,I’m not a hard core air gunner and don’t want to spend a ton of money !
Please respond as soon as possible!
Thank you

Crosman 2240 with shoulder stock. Plenty enough for those pests. Shouldn't damage your property if you use wadcutters. It's only a 5 fpe gun.

If you need a scope, get the 2240xl with steel breech, or the crosman 459MT intermounts.
Minimal effort, minimal cost, accurate and effective enough for house sparrows... the good Doctor nailed it.

Crosman 3622 with pump. Only fills to 2000 PSI, so it will be easy on your shoulder. Comes with open sights, but if you want a scope order it with the steel breach upgrade. $300.00 plus tax from PA for the rifle, pump and steel breach installed. $35.00 less if you install the breach..
Or you could go all out and dump $400 into that rifle lol. I gotta finish the stock, but it'd the quietest gun I currently own and a laser beam out to 35 yards with RWS H points.

1000007122.jpg

Do you 2240 owners leave yours stored charged. I have read in multiple places to not leave it charged. I have a 2240 pistol and discharge all gas when I’m done shooting. Just curious, especially since there’s no way to know remaining pressure.
I never had a problem either way. I would usually shoot til empty and that was the end of the session. I used to leave the 2260 in the garage with a cart in it and a pellet chambered for the quick "lean out and pop" pesting. Always went pop and hit the bird as needed.

Only issue with co2 is temp extremes.

I never had a problem either way. I would usually shoot til empty and that was the end of the session. I used to leave the 2260 in the garage with a cart in it and a pellet chambered for the quick "lean out and pop" pesting. Always went pop and hit the bird as needed.

Only issue with co2 is temp extremes.
Thank you.
I also have a Diana Airbug and a Diana Chaser. The triggers are much nicer on the Diana’s. The Airbug comes with a magazine and single shot tray.

IMG_2537.jpeg

Do you 2240 owners leave yours stored charged. I have read in multiple places to not leave it charged. I have a 2240 pistol and discharge all gas when I’m done shooting. Just curious, especially since there’s no way to know remaining pressure.
I leave my co2 with a partial cartridge in it for storage, barrel angled down so the liquid co2 doesnt flow into the valve. I figure it's the same as a pumper where some pressure on the valve is good to keep moisture out.

Last edited: