• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

70 yard headshot…but

I’m so surprised that I didn’t recover the chipmunk.
I was shooting a steel gopher target at 70 yards when a chipmunk stood up on the rock by the target.
I had the RedWolf .177 stacking slugs on the target and it was an easy shot from the rest and tail bag.
You can see the rock at the top of the photo.
There was the usual loud pop, but when I got there I couldn’t find the chipmunk, just a lot of blood and even brain matter on the rocks.
Must have been grabbed by a predator or something, no way it got away don’t you think?
My cat was totally bummed out when I arrived back to the yard with no chipmunk lol!

IMG_7117.jpeg

IMG_7119.jpeg

I think you winged it🙀, now its in one of those holes plotting revenge. Make sure your cat is watching your six…
😂! My cat was so disappointed when I returned empty handed that I think he’s lost all confidence in me.
I always feed him the chipmunks, and he comes when he hears me shooting.
He’s a feral cat that I’m trying to tame and befriend, still can’t touch him yet but he isn’t afraid of me anymore.

😂! My cat was so disappointed when I returned empty handed that I think he’s lost all confidence in me.
I always feed him the chipmunks, and he comes when he hears me shooting.
He’s a feral cat that I’m trying to tame and befriend, still can’t touch him yet but he isn’t afraid of me anymore.
Just a note, the cat NEVER had any confidence in you, it's a cat get use to it.