7 days with Wildcat MKIII Compact

OK, new guy to PCP. Been watching, reviewing, discussing, and for the most part weighing the pro/cons/cost for most of a decade. Closest I came to a purchase was when the first Wildcat was released. Oh how I loved the design, but the pros/cons/cost (and maybe a little ignorance on my part) as compared to a powder burner always made me pass by. When the MKII's were released that was, the closest I came to making the jump... I hesitated, and watched, and kept my desires bridled and was having what I started calling my annual revival of PCP desires. LOL Well, this year when those feelings of need started to arise I called a dealer (I was aware of) just to chat and ask some questions and and he surprised me by telling me a MKIII was just released that day and his first shipment of MKIII's just arrived. Well with the newest features it was just tooo much to keep me from jumping in and I ordered my first PCP.

I have had it now for 7 days and wow, this kitty is incredible. The fit, finish, and capabilities, of this Compact rifle is everything I hoped for and have not been let down in any way. What a shooter these things are. It has already helped me dispatch close to a dozen Grackles that were noisily invading our home space. Some have been taken from 50-70 yds and I am just amazed at the repeatability of this Wildcat. Apparently, the pesky rabbits and squirrels got the message from the Grackles because they too were on the short list for removal but from the day after the Wildcat arrived I have yet to see them or introduce them to it. Their days are marked, LOL

My hope was this Wildcat would become my goto for pest/varmint removal and it has quickly proven itself worthy of that task and will always be close at hand for such duties. Shot it out to 100 yds over the weekend to learn all of my holdovers and was absolutely impressed with its consistency.

Glad to be a part of this group as an owner and have enjoyed so many of your comments on all of the airguns and look forward to being a part of such a great group.