68 Whiskey and FX Panthera???

How do you know the LOP is long or not? You need to have it in your hands and only then to try the fit. You know how to?
Well I dont know for sure obviously thats why I said "think". And I cant seem to find it now but Im pretty sure I saw it was in the ~14.5" LOP at the minimum length setting. I dont have to have it in my hands to know if the LOP is too long for the average shooter, assuming the ~14.5" number is accurate.

I think the LOP is already too long for many shooters as is. Adding length would allow more room for a bigger bottle, but would not be good for fitment. I think FX could have ditched the adjustable butt pad, and trimmed down the actual "pad" and made more room for more air. Seems like a ~400cc bottle at 300Bar would have been a good move imo.
Yeah you definitely dont need a recoil pad at these power levels. I don’t even have one on my AR-15 and never even notice it.

Did anyone see the short video done by 68 Whiskey where Keith shoots a .25 caliber FX Panthera (700mm?) off hand at 300 yards and hits a steel plate (unknown size)? He says 41 grain ZAN at 960 fps, then says his gun gets "12 to 16 shots" per fill... I know I saw it, but it seems to have been taken down not too long after posting. Perhaps the honest shot count didn't show the Panthera in a good light? Things that make you go hmmm.... :unsure:
Always thought it is a bit silly doing off hand shooting as way to review a guns accuracy. Every half decent PCP out there is going to be more accurate than an anyone’s offhand abilities.

Wow! 700cc bottle? .30 cal. pellets I assume? I'd like to know how you do that. My .25 Impact Slugger with 580cc bottle gets 26 to 27 shots per fill at 87 FPE. And I've worked on the settings for almost two years to get to that point. Would love to crack the code...
Maybe he has a 300 bar bottle? I have a 580cc 300 bar bottle on my .30 maverick and I get about 20 shots over 140 FPE. Think part of the trick is to use the heaviest slug you can too.

Have you seen the new 470cc 300bar bottle that is out for the Leshiy2? It should fit just fine on the Panthera since it was made for all butt lengths of the L2.
I have a L2 and thinking of getting the bottle and using it on the Panthera; would increase shot count significantly for those worried about not having enough air on board. I’ve seen the guys from Utah using a 300bar bottle and before anyone says it I know just because you can doesn’t mean you should. Just looking at additional possibilities for extended shot strings.
E0D5B095-7C87-4EC9-9B87-A15775C830B4.png
D9447B49-8074-4A76-83F0-A3C260FFA9BB.jpeg

Wow! 700cc bottle? .30 cal. pellets I assume? I'd like to know how you do that. My .25 Impact Slugger with 580cc bottle gets 26 to 27 shots per fill at 87 FPE. And I've worked on the settings for almost two years to get to that point. Would love to crack the code...
When I built my MK2 it shot 30.5 .22 zans at 1055 fps for 75 fpe for 55 shots but that was on a 700cc bottle. Reg set at 185 bar, 3 on the powerwheel and 3.5 on the front valve. That is 10 fpe lower than you but thats also cranking for a .22

When I built my MK2 it shot 30.5 .22 zans at 1055 fps for 75 fpe for 55 shots but that was on a 700cc bottle. Reg set at 185 bar, 3 on the powerwheel and 3.5 on the front valve. That is 10 fpe lower than you but thats also cranking for a .22
Big power plenums are much more efficient I've got a Maverick sniper 25 cal shooting nsa 38.5 slugs at 940 fps for 75 fpe and I get 64 shots per fill off of a 580cc bottle and my first reg is set at 155 and my second is at 125

Did anyone see the short video done by 68 Whiskey where Keith shoots a .25 caliber FX Panthera (700mm?) off hand at 300 yards and hits a steel plate (unknown size)? He says 41 grain ZAN at 960 fps, then says his gun gets "12 to 16 shots" per fill... I know I saw it, but it seems to have been taken down not too long after posting. Perhaps the honest shot count didn't show the Panthera in a good light? Things that make you go hmmm.... :unsure:
That’s the same Panthera I have and I’m shooting 41gr zans at 1100fps and getting 40 shots this is the tune out of the box everyone is reporting lower shot counts I don’t understand how this can be.

Looking at that distance between the grip and the bottle, it is a same situation as with L2 if you want to mount a larger bottle. But Edgun came up with a solution and selling different length "extensions" whixh are actually the extension of a air volume before the Reg.
Maybe FX .... ? will somewhere in the future extend that bar on the stock? Maybe rebuild the stock connector to allow a 1-2" longer=larger bottle ???

View attachment 320508
Panthera, expensive boat anchors 😀

Reactions: Corkscrew
lol i call bullshiiiit hitting a target freehand @ 300yds with an airgun unless its a 4' piece of steel lol

I'm not that good at offhand but I get lucky once in while. No guts no glory. Let the lead fly.

I was about to leave my friends shooting range when he said - I bet you a quarter you can't hit that 250Y steel offhand and I said okay its a bet. I waited till the shot looked good and sent the lead. Ha, he was already laughing until the clang of the steel rang back to our ears, then I was laughing. He put my lucky quarter on the bench.
I was using my Uragan King 25 cal with slugs and I had been hitting this same target minutes before off the bench so I knew where to aim.

Edit - this is the coyote steel I hit and the actual size is that of a fox.

20220401_105944.jpg

Last edited: