• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Yesterday that foolish groundhog at the corner of the neighbors drive let me see him. MISTAKE!!!! I had previously lasered the pine tree the hole is under at 61 yds from my window. By the time I got the gun out and window open he had wondered down the edge of the disced field in the lawn eating grass. Bipod rest on the window sill and a printer cart. Umarex Gauntler 2, .25 cal, H&N Baracuda Hunter Extreme 28.24 grain. He didn't like it. Rolled on his back with legs twitching. Full 5 seconds later he managed to roll back over and make it back to the hole. I walked over a bit later and found a patch of bloody grass, so he just did me a favor and fouled the hole by crawling down there to expire. Pretty dang impressive to me because I've been using a .22 rimfire with subsonic rounds to keep the neighborhood in from complaining. I've now taken it another big step in that direction.

Try some slugs and push the power up higher. Groundhogs are built like tanks and will really take a beating. I really hope you killed it and it didn't just bounce off his head and wander away to recover. Will know in a few days if you see the big boy out walking around with a new wound, and with all the lady groundhogs around him. Because every female digs scars ;)

Haven't seen him for a few days and feel pretty confident that his lead level was high enough to be fatal. I have slugs here that I haven't tested yet. Just ordered a chrony today so I can start dialing the gun in for real and serious. So far I've only shot 4 different pellets and have no idea of velocity. i am inclined not to jack the power up as I think it probably shoots hard enough as is. We'll see when I get the chrony and get a chance to test all 8 pellets and slugs I have on hand including the H&N Knock Out 33.49 gr slugs. Anybody shot these?