• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

51 yard / heart Shot

Friday evening.. just gave my neighbor two of my air rifles to try. Beeman R7, and AA S200. Both 177.. he has a tree rat issue.. Looked over in neighbors yard. Wife wants all squirrels gone..they dig up plants.. Neighbor out of town. I see this nice female 3' up a 36" dia white oak. I hold 1.5" above shoulder. JSB Exact 22 cal / FX Superswift. Thump. Runs 7' DRT..
And why am I looking at purchasing a new pcp? Sorry for poor quality image. Cell phone.. Camera 
dc6a4ee444bfd4a897d47a6723e6a5ec.jpg

Yeah Mark.....I agree with the vitals shot. On both pigeons and squirrels, a vitals shot puts them down quick and hard.....hardly any movement. Where the head shot produces varying lengths of flopping and flapping around.

Though I dont think they feel pain on a true head shot that penetrates or destroys the brain. A glancing head shot that just grazes or cracks the skull probably isn't the same as an actual headshot.

I failed to mention that I was propped up on my gas grill on my deck. The wooded area in my neighbors yard are full of wisteria vines.. So I had to locate a clear path to drop the pellet in. I was pleasantly surprised when I didn't hit any obstructions and the pellet made that most pleasing thud.
Would the musical note of the JSB Exact hitting flesh be "P" Flat? :)