500mm fx

1584427761_11355735055e7072f1c00dc4.82512537.jpg

Opinions and thoughts?

Something seems wrong with either the picture or the specs. A 500mm barrel sticks out about the same distance with a 480cc bottle? So that barrel pictured with a 300cc bottle seems odd to be 500mm. It was stated to have a 380mm barrel at IWA last year. As far as worth, what is that in the PCP world we live in. I think everyone here has a different opinion on that definition when it comes to airguns. For me yes it is worth having a very short high capacity PCP that uses the same mags as my 700mm version. But I have endless air so 300cc bottle means very little to me. 

Happy to pipe in. No laziness on copying stats ImpactX. Those are specs that Ernest obtained with each caliber testing here at FXUSA. Keep in mind thanks to the power plenum the reg settings for standard pellets is a lot lower and more efficient. And goes without saying that the shots per fill were shooting standard pellets (18gr in .22 / 25gr in .25 / 44gr in .30) at standard FX tuning speeds while the max muzzle energy was acquired using slugs, higher speeds (and therefore less efficiency).

And all calibers are using a 500mm barrel. Picture above is without moderator, but is threaded 1/2" UNF to accept one. The difference Hookster is that on a standard Impact with 500mm barrel (so really just .177) that barrel has a shroud that extends beyond the end of the actual barrel, make sense? The Compact 500mm barrel ends just before the shroud end and threading.

Hope that clears things up. First shipment is arriving end of the month to dealers. There's a couple that are out at some high profile dealers getting tested and filmed for review so more information will be coming soon.

Here's more info on an Instagram Q&A we did here at FXUSA two weeks ago: https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17952577273314206/

- Jon

I definitely see the appeal with a compact rifle for varminting or backyard plinking. An Impact is an investment, as you all know already, so it’s nice having options to configure an Airgun to your liking. Myself, I wouldn’t purchase the compact version as an introduction to the Impact, that’s personal preference. But I can see picking up a compact barrel kit with the shorter tank in the future, after the .35cal kit cause long distance stuff is fun...